Two can play at this game

📢THIS IS AN EZRA MILLER FLASH IMAGINE📢

You liked to try and pretend that everything was okay. Barry came to you to gush, and you would sit and smile and reassure him that everything would be okay. Compared to him fighting meta-humans every other day and still holding down his job at the precinct, your problems seemed so small. But not today.
You didn't think that it was statistically possible for so many things to go wrong in one day. It all started when you had slept through your alarm. Even though you weren't a morning person, you hated having to rush in the morning. After such a great start, you were sure that your day was going to turn around.
But, after missing your train, getting a less than pleasing grade on a term paper you had poured your soul into, and a phone call from your mother asking why you hadn't been on a date in so long, you couldn't take it anymore.
Without really thinking about it, your feet carried you in the direction of Barry's apartment. You spent most of the walk trying to rationalize that everything was fine, and the other half apologizing to strangers that you kept bumping into because of your distracted state.
You only had to knock once before Barry's door swung open, revealing your best friend's beaming face. "Listen Barry, I am really sorry to do this, but I have to tell someone," you said, pushing past him and tossing your bag down onto his bed.
Barry chose not to say anything, which was probably the best choice he could have made. He simply sat down on his bed and motioned for you to proceed. With that, you ranted and raved about what felt like the worst day that you had ever had.
You yelled about your overbearing mother, insisted that the world was against you when your alarm clock failed through the night, and decided that your professor had a personal vendetta against you, using your grade as your only piece of evidence. Somewhere in between the spilled coffee incident and missing the train, you had started to pace a bit, and after you explained the cat call you had received on your walk to class, you were going to wear a hole in the carpet.
Barry was freaking out. He wasn't used to you coming undone like this. Frankly, it was a bit scary. You were the dependable friend that had everything figured out. He came to you with his problems, and frankly, was unaware that you ever had any. He guessed that you had problems all this time, but had never stopped to think if you were okay while he was dumping all of his meta-human crises on you.
He was getting anxious, and he knew that if he didn't distract you from what had happened that you would either implode or he would have to go out and buy a new rug. So, he did the only thing that he could think of- he kissed you.
It wasn't how he had thought your first kiss would go. He was so nervous that his powers had kicked in and he had accidentally given you a super speedy kiss. As he sat back on the bed after, he decided that maybe you hadn't noticed. That theory might have been true if you hadn't stopped mid-sentence, frozen in place.
"Did you just-" you asked slowly. You were almost positive that something had brushed across your lips. In fact, if you hadn't known about Barry's powers, you would have dismissed it entirely. But the way that he was fidgeting with his hands told you a different story.
"Yeah," he responded shortly, not meeting your eyes.
"On the lips?"
"Yeah" he said, drawing out the word.
"Oh," you said, still attempting to process the entire situation. "On purpose?" you asked, biting your lip while cocking your head to the side.
"Mm-hmm"
"Okay."
"It's just that you seemed so nervous and you are never nervous. You're confident and so sure of yourself and I just wanted you to stop so I didn't really know what to do so I just-" Barry rambled. You took a deep breath and admitted to yourself what you had been secretly hoping for was finally happening. For the last ten years, you had had a small crush on your best friend, that slowly grew into something you were almost embarrassed to call love. But know... it seems that the notion of 'love' might not be so ridiculous after all.
You glanced back over to your best friend, still talking a mile a minute, nervously trying to explain away what had just happened. His foot was bouncing so fast that it was practically just a blur at this point, and he looked like he was expecting an apocalypse at any minute. You smirked to yourself, before making a bit of a snap decision.
You cautiously moved to the bed, before bending down to meet Barry's eyes with your own, slipping a hand to the back of his neck, and pulling him in for a kiss.
You had expected it to be more of a peck, something similar, albeit a bit slower than his own. But as you were about to pull away, you felt Barry's hand wrap around your waist, pulling you closer to him. You somehow managed to trip over a discarded shoe, throwing you off balance.
Luckily, Barry caught you, pulling you into his lap. "Two can play at this game," you say softly, before wrapping your arms around Barry's neck and pulling him back to you. You sighed contentedly against his lips, tangling your fingers into the curls at the nape of his neck. Maybe today wasn't so bad after all.