Chapter 4

"Prim!" Violet tackled her friend once she rounded the corner.

"V!" Primrose mocked with an amused expression.

"It is time for pancakes!" Violet started down the hallway, Primrose following close behind.

"Quick question," Primrose stood in the middle of the corridor. "Where do we sit?"

"Well I don't mind. We could ask Professor Dumbledore?"

"Sounds good." the two girls laughed as they headed to the Great Hall, their school robes sweeping the floor behind him. The entered the Great Hall and walked up to the staff table, attracting stares from the few students that were there.

"Professor Dumbledor?" Primrose asked softly causing the Professor to look up from his meal. His kind blue eyes met a strange sight. One fairly pale girl with ink black hair and dark green eyes sporting a green and silver tie. The other girl had a light tan, strawberry blonde hair and hazel eyes who wore a black and yellow tie. They were truly exact opposites.

"Hope may I be of service?" the man's sparkled with curiosity.

"Is it possible for us to sit together at another table?" Violet questioned shyly.

"Of course!" the man chuckled lightly before returning to his meal. Primrose and Violet started to walk down towards the Hufflepuff table before Violet grabbed Primrose's wrist and pulled her towards the Slytherin table.

"Why can't we sit at the Hufflepuff table?" Primrose moaned.

"Because Prim, we need to show everyone that we don't care about labels. By sitting at the Slytherin table we create a bigger impact."

"Whatever you say V," the two giggled and sat down at the end of the table, close to the door.

The two happily munched on pancakes while attracting stares from everyone. Most were confused as to how a Slytherin and a Hufflepuff were friends, but some looked at the pair with disdain. Many of the Slytherin's treated Violet like vermin and others looked at her like she was crazy. Remus, Peter, Sirius and James entered the Hall and stopped to stare at the girls. They sent glares towards the girls. Primrose for just being in Slytherin, or being "evil" as they called it. Violet just for associating with one. Remus sent an apologetic look towards the pair before following his friends to the Gryffindor table.

"Remus?" a small girl with gorgeous brown curls becomes the tall boy over.

"Yes Dahlia?" the boy hummed.

"Have you seen Violet or even Primrose?"

"They are at the table of death eaters." Sirius sneered, butting into the conversation.

"Why?" Remus questioned the girl.

"Probably gonna go hex those snakes. Tell them that we will deal with them later." Potter smirked evilly.

"Alright then, I will deal with you later." Dahlia began to rise from her seat.

"What?!" Sirius spluttered.

"They are evil!" Peter mumbled.

"Goodbye. I'm going to sit with Prim and V so I don't die. You are intoxicating the air." Dahlia spat at the boys before stalking off to see Primrose and Violet.

"Lia!" Violet greeted the girl who was still seething.

"Lia? Aren't you a Gryffindor?" Primrose asked, staring at her plate.

"I am. But if only I wasn't, they I wouldn't have to deal with the likes of them" Dahlia indicated over her back to the Marauders.

"Welcome to the club!" Primrose said, a large grin taking over.

"We are defying house stereotypes and showing everyone that you can have friends from other houses!" Violet pumped her fist in the air and the other two girls laughed at her

"Miss Quinn, Miss Miller, Miss Montoya. Your timetables." Professor McGonagall handed the girls a sheet of paper, slightly flustered. There were rarely inter-house friendships, but she was happy all the same.

"I have Charms with Ravenclaw first." Violet pointed out to her friends. She was a bit upset that she didn't have that class with them but she was fine.

"I have Transfiguration with Gryffindor!" Primrose exclaimed, a smile forming before fading rapidly.

"Yay! We are together... and with those four." Dahlia sighed, her excitement lost.

"Well we should probably go." Violet stood up, the others following her lead.

"Bye V!" Primrose and Dahlia called out simultaneously.

"Bye Prim! Bye Lia!"

The Hufflepuff headed down the hall towards the Charms classroom. She took a seat at the back and got her wand and book out. The classroom began to fill up and before long a small man walked in. He clambered up into a pile of books, so he could see over his desk.

"Good morning class! I'm Professor Flitwick!" the man began cheerfully. "We will be learning the Levitating Charm today." A feather appeared on each of the students desk and everyone grabbed their wands. "The wand movement is a simple swish and flick. Then just say Wingardium Leviosa." Professor Flitwick demonstrated and his feather began to rise.

The class was immediately filled with the sounds of people chanting the incantation and moans of despair when they failed. Violet concentrated on the father levitating and copied what Professor Flitwick had done.

"Good job Miss.."

"Quinn, sir"

"Good job Miss Quinn!" the professor smiled kindly as her recalled her being the one to sit with a Slytherin student.

"Thank you Professor!"

"Ok. For homework you need to write an essay on the uses of the Levitation Charm, due next lesson." Professor Flitwick called out over the commotion.

"Thank you!" Violet left the classroom in search of her friends. She was walking towards the Great Hall, where she was meeting Primrose and Dahlia, when she heard people shouting.

"An what would you know, you're just a stupid little snake. Or should I say Death Eater." a voice Violet recognised to be Sirius.

Oh that can't be good. Violet thought before rushing around the corner.