Chapter 9

Violet walked the halls back to her dorm but stopped at a window seat. She stared at the full moon and admired it. She knew that despite its beauty, it held great power and struck fear into some who could be affected. The girl sighed and walked to her dorm only to be greeted by the sight of four sleeping bodies. She shook her head at them and crawled into her own bed and drifted off to sleep, promising herself to see Remus in the morning.

The sound of birds chirping through a cracked window woke Violet. She glanced around the room, noticing her friends that were still asleep, then passed lightly to her trunk to change. She threw on a black sweater with jeans and her Hufflepuff beanie. She wrote a note explaining that she would be at the Black Lake around 10:00 and headed to the Hospital wing. It was only 9:00 and many students were still sleeping and enjoying the Saturday. Violet silently pushed the door open and barely held in a gasp upon seeing Remus. He was asleep but there were gashes crossing his face, arms and chest. She tiptoed over to the bed and took ahold of Remus' hand. She couldn't help but wonder how, nevertheless, she just sat and held onto her friends hand.

"Violet?" a groggy voice questioned the girl who was dozing off in a chair next to the bed.

"Oh Remus, you're awake," Violet said happily.

"Not to be rude, but why are you here?"

"Well, I decided to visits you today to see if you were feeling any better but it doesn't look like it." the girl observed, her hazel eyes raking over the gashes that littered his pale skin.

"Yeah, fell down some stairs on the way to the common room." Remus mumbled, looking at his hands.

Violet stared at the boy with a disbelieving expression masking her face. She didn't believe to boy but decided to drop it as it was clearly personal. She just hoped that he didn't notice the curiosity sparkling in her eyes.

But he did. He also noticed how she bit back her questions and looked at him with concern replacing the first expression. She opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by the sound of the large door creaking open.

"Remus!" three voices simultaneously called.

"What's she doing here?" Sirius asked, pointing to Violet.

"Well, she was actually just leaving. Sorry I can't stay longer Remus but I promised the girls to meet them at 10:00 by the Black Lake. Get better and try not to fall down any more stairs." Violet stood up and sent Remus a small smirk, showing she knew that he was lying. He smiled sheepishly in return as she bounded out of the room.

"Falling down the bloody stairs Moony!" James yelled at the boy.

"Oscar winning performance," Peter smirked, waving off the other two boys who looked at him questioningly.

"I don't want her to know."

"That's fine Moony, but be careful, she hangs out with Montoya." James warned his friend.

"Why do we bully her?"

"Because my dear Moony, she hangs out with future death eaters, freaks and traitors. She also isn't exactly kind to us." Sirius patted Remus's shoulder and narrowed his eyes at the wall while talking about Violet.

When Sirius glanced at his friend he saw the uncertainty in his eyes, as if he wasn't sure if they were doing the right thing.

"Were you gonna tell here?" James suddenly asked.

"No! I wanted to see if we could produce a good friendship." Remus muttered the last part to himself. Sirius heard but chose not to acknowledge it.

"What ever you say mate,"

Meanwhile, Violet was sitting at the Black Lake when Professor McGonagall walked up to her.

"Miss Quinn, Professor Dumbledore would like to see you."

"I need to tell my friends they-" Violet was cut off midway through her rambling.

"They are there as well" a look of confusion set in on Violet's face but she got up and walked to his office anyway.

"Oi Quinn!" Sirius called down the hall, his usual smirk settling on his his face.

"Not right now Black!" she yelled back at him. With an exasperated sigh she continued down the corridor, leaving Sirius confused.

"Professor Dumbledore?" Violet called softly as she entered the room.

"Violet, I'm glad you five are here. Please sit" the professor indicated to an empty seat. "I would like you to say your names."

The girls glanced at each other but did it anyway.

"Primrose"

"Clover"

"Dahlia"

"Jasmine"

"Violet"

"Thank you. Now remember those. There was a prophecy created that you are going to read." Dumbledore handed a piece of parchment to the girls.

There will be five girls
Namesakes of flowers
They will hold powers
They will defy everyone

The one who was shunned by labels
Will have the power
Of harnessing the thoughts
Controlling
Seeing

The one with the secret no one expects
Will have the power
To embody her soul
To control those
That are controlled
By the silver in the sky

The one who wears the pale sky
Will have to power
Save the ones that love her
And defy the ones that don't

The one who protects the stranger
Will have the power
To not change the present
But see the future

The one who solves the problems
Will have the power
To see through masks
Both magical or not
To decipher disguises and codes

Together, the Flowers will bond
They will form and unstoppable team
One full of power and love
Together, they have the power
To defeat the one
Who brings darkness to all
And light to none
The Five Flowers will combine
They will fight
Once the darkness has been vanquished
Only three shall remain
The Five Flowers
Shall remain
Until the darkness has seen its days
Then some will leave
Only Three Flowers
To see the Light