Chapter 13

The four boys held their breath from under the cloak. They waited for the girls reaction. Waited and waited.

Clover was frozen with fear. Her deep blue eyes sparkling with unshed tears. Her hand covering her mouth.

Jasmine was shaking in Dahlia's arms. They were standing by Violet's bed, a death grip on her hands. Their tears flowing freely down their faces. Dahlia had her palm pressed against her stomach to prevent sobs from escaping her.

Primrose was the worst. Each boy's heart broke upon seeing her. She had collapsed on the floor, sobbing uncontrollably. Her hands gripped her sides, trying to slow the strangled sounds that escaped her. Her body shook and her breathing was ragged.

Tears leaked out of the boys eyes as they watched the girls that they had tortured, break and crumble. They watched Madame Pomfrey leave the room for the night and removed their cloak, staying hidden in the corner. They saw Dahlia and Jasmine drift off to sleep next to Violet. Clover had sunk down to her knees at the foot of the bed. She hadn't cried. She just stared at the wall with a blank expression. Void of emotion. Prim let out a strangled sound and broke down again. They couldn't take it anymore. Remus, Sirius and James ran out of their corner, leaving Peter behind.

Sirius enveloped Primrose in a hug. She turned and cried into his shoulder, surprising everyone. He sat and began to rub circles in her back and murmuring comforting words to her.

Remus took Violet's hand in his own. Her sat in a chair opposite Dahlia and Jasmine. They were clinging to her for dear life. Tears flowed down his face as he stared at the girl.

What had she done to deserve this?

Remus had never regretted something so much in his life. There was a bond between these five that only they knew of. Of course you would be sad if this happened to a friend, but they were obviously family. Remus looked across the Hospital Wing, his eyes landing on Clover.

James slowly walked up to the frozen girl.

"Clover," he said softly as he reached out to touch her shoulder.

"Don't touch me," she jerked away from his hand, her navy blue eyes filling with anger. "You did this to her. I  didn't have to be there to know that you said something to her. She might forgive you but do you expect me to. SHE IS ONE OF THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT HAS ACCEPTED ME FOR ME! SHE IS A LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS. You all know, even if you deny it, that without her here, Hogwarts would be an empty shell of what it used to be!" Clover was seething, anger and sadness coming off of her in waves.

"Clo, just leave it," came a small voice that belonged to Primrose. The guilt that had been placed on the boys immediately doubled at the sound of the girl. She had always been strong and stood up to everyone. In front of them was a weak and vulnerable girl who stopped trying.

"We should go," Peter said quietly upon noticed the tension that was quickly building. He received some nods as the boys trudged out of the Hospital Wing.

"Remus?" the tall boy gave Violet's hand one last squeeze before following the boys out.

"I'm sorry, for everything."

"What have we done?" was the only thing said as the four trudged back to the common room and gave the Fat Lady the password.

"Did you see them? They looked so...broken," James whispered.

"It was the most horrible thing that I have ever seen," Sirius agreed, receiving nods and murmurs of agreement.

"Moony, do you like Violet?" Peter croaked for his armchair. Remus felt the blood rush to his cheeks and her sheepishly nodded.

"Well Padfoot likes Primrose!" the boys jaws dropped to the floor as Sirius shook his head. "oh stop denying it!"

"Only if Prongs admits that he likes Clover!"

"Wh-what?! I like Evans!" James spluttered, sounding unsure of his answer.

"That's what they all say,"

With that the boys fell asleep, trying to forget the images of the five girls sitting helplessly in the Hospital Wing.