Chapter 15

"Hello," Violet's voice echoed down the hall towards eight figures that were walking to the courtyard. It was the end of their forth year and they were all looking forward to the summer, apart from Violet. The Marauders and the Flowers had been friends for two years and it was to Everton who would make the perfect couple. People were debating between Sirius and Primrose of Jasmine. Many said that Primrose and Sirius had a sibling relationship, others said there was something more. Even Lily Evans agreed that Clover and James would be good together. Finally there was Violet and Remus. Everyone except those 7 knew about it. The group, blissfully ignorant of these rumors, walked to the train, each one worried about the summer.

"What are you guys doing for the summer?" Clover asked the group.

"Going back to that retched place some call home," Sirius replied with a grimace.

"Mate, just come to my house." James said looking at Sirius. He shook his head and placed a look on his face that Violet recognized, a look saying that he didn't want pity.

"Just going home," was what everyone else replied except Primrose.

"Hey Clo, can I stay with you? I kinda got disowned," Prim asked, rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly.

Violet knew about this, but she didn't tell anyone. Well she told Dumbledore. He was the only one who knew of everyone's living conditions, he just thought they weren't as bad as they actually were.

"Of course Prim," and with that they pulled into the station.

"I'll be out in a sec," Violet told her friends upon seeing James' look.

"What is on your neck?" he questioned formula once everyone had left.

"Oh, well, once my dad was really angry and he threw a piece of a broken stool at me," she mumbled.

"Oh my god, you should've told us. But, please tell me if things get bad and you need me,"

"Of course James," Violet didn't tell him that she probably wouldn't be strong or healthy enough to even send him a letter.

Once they left Violet looked around. She saw Clo and Prim being greeted with love and warming hugs. She saw Dahlia walking to her parents who gave her a smile but a small glint of disappointment in their eyes. She saw James and Remus being enveloped in their mothers arms and patted on the shoulder by their fathers. She saw Jasmine and Peter walking back through the wall with their parents. Then she saw Sirius. She saw his mother give him a tight smile with disgust filling her and her husbands features. She saw Sirius flinch and glance back at herself, reviving a small wave and a smile in return.

Then she saw her dad. Her was wearing a smirk that scared Violet more than you can imagine. The man grabbed her wrist and pulled her through the station. She passed the Lupin's and the Potter's, receiving a worried look from James and a confused smile from Remus. She was thrown ruffly into the car as they drove back home.