Chapter 1

I did not take the photos above, but I did make the collage! (Those are Nico's piercings btw 😇)

Nico never meant to fall in love with his coach. It just, happened. But he was very glad it did.

"Na na na na na na, na na na na na na
I guess I just lost my husband
I don't know where he went
So I'm gonna drink my money
I'm not gonna pay his rent (nope)
I got a brand new attitude
And I'm gonna wear it tonight
I wanna get in trouble
I wanna start a fight,"

Nico's started to pluck, nimble fingers ran around the neck of the bass guitar, his right hand strumming at different roughness, creating raised and lowered volumes.
"Na na na na na na na, I wanna start a fight
So, so what?
I'm still a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't need you,
And guess what
I'm having more fun
And now that we're done
I'm gonna show you tonight
I'm alright, I'm just fine
And you're a tool-,"

Nico's fingers sped up, his voice raising in volume,

"So, so what?
I am a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't want you tonight
Uh, check my flow, uh,
The waiter just took my table
And gave to Jessica Simp- (shit!)
I guess I'll go sit with tomboy
At least he'll know how to hit,
What if this song's on the radio
Then somebody's gonna die
I'm gonna get in trouble
My ex will start a fight,

Na na na na na na na, he's gonna start a fight,
Na na na na na na na, we're all gonna get in a fight!"

Nico's fingers sped up, the callouses on his fingers blocking pain. He heard chairs spin, but ignored them.

"So, so what?
I'm still a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't need you
And guess what
I'm having more fun
And now that we're done
I'm gonna show you tonight
I'm alright, I'm just fine
And you're a tool-

So, so what?
I am a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't want you tonight"

Nico slowed down his plucking,

"You weren't there
You never were
You want it all
But that's not fair,
I gave you love
I gave my all
You weren't there
You let me fall!

So, so what?
I'm still a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't need you
And guess what
I'm having more fun
And now that we're done
I'm gonna show you tonight
I'm alright, I'm just fine
And you're a tool
So, so what?
I am a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't want you tonight,
No, no,
No, no,
I don't want you tonight
You weren't there
I'm gonna show you tonight
I'm alright, I'm just fine
And you're a tool
So, so what?
I am a rock star
I got my rock moves
And I don't want you tonight,
Ba da da da da da

Nico slowly opened his eyes to see four chairs facing him, the floor lit up. Nico held the guitar's neck gingerly, his right arm crossing the body to hold the sleek form safely. He was breathing heavily, and blinking to rid himself of the traitorous tears.

"Hello," The blond - Will Solace - said.

"Hi," Nico murmured into the mic, the adrenaline wearing off.

"That's not a very nice song," Will said, his southern drawls pulling at the words. Nico just hummed in agreement, raising an eyebrow, the eyebrow piercing glinting dangerously, as if to say; "and?".

"Why'd you choose that song?" Another voice spoke up, and Nico looked over, eyes landing on Reyna Avila Ramírez-Arellano.

"Bad breakup," Nico replied, sneering at the thought of Nathan. "Happened a couple weeks ago, I was planning on doing a - er - more relaxed song."

Another one of the judges - Percy Jackson - cleared his throat. "So, Death- Nico- I mean, um, so, what's your name contestant-that's-totally-not-my-cousin?"

Jason Grace got out of his chair and smacked the back of Percy's head, before going back to sit down. Percy pouted, sticking out his tongue.

Nico couldn't help but chuckle, watching his cousins. "My name is Nico Di Angelo. Yes, it's Italian, yes, I was born in Venice, yes, I have an accent, no, I will not speak Italian for you."

People were laughing hard by the end, and Reyna spoke up. "How'd you know?" Nico rolled his eyes at his close friend, and would have made a rude gesture, had he not been in front of an audience. I settled with making a face towards her, lip curling.

"All right Nico," Jason said, grinning. "Who's your coach. I mean, I know it's me, I'm your favorite cousin after all."

"Hey!" Percy interjected, and the crowd went crazy, yelling out names.

"I choose. . . Will."

He jogged down the stage, bass still in his hands. He embraced Jason first, his blond cousin hugging him tight. He pulled away, still uncomfortable with contact. Jason's eyebrows went up, smirking.

"That's a new one," He motioned to the brow piercing. Nico had other piercings already. He had fake gauges in his ears, three skulls embedded in the front, and a bar through the top of his ear. He had tattoos hidden under the leather jacket he was wearing.

"Not really. Couple months."

Jason rolled his eyes. "I haven't seen you in months because of this show!" Nico smirked, and moved onto Percy, giving him a quick hug. Percy give him a look that said; "You be good." Nico just rolled his charcoal lined eyes, which intensified his already dark eye color.

"Oh, Percy, your mom says hi."

Percy grinned, kissing Nico's forehead, to which Nico scowled.

"That was for mom. And Hazel"

"Sure it was. Whatever, I'll pass it along."

Percy patted him on the back, and Nico walked to the only girl on the panel, and someone he was really close to.

When he reached Reyna, she pulled him into a tight hug, and he willingly hugged back, careful not to smudge his makeup.

"I missed you. Also, you're a jerk for not picking me."

Nico laughed, pulling out of the hug. "You'll always be my favorite Rara. Except for Hazel." Reyna rolled her eyes at the old nickname, made from her initials, and gave him a playful shove.

He flounced over to Will, shaking the blond's hand. Nico took a moment to appreciate the blond's looks, a tight v-neck sweater hugging his muscular frame deliciously, and jeans that Nico would prefer off. Nico walked off stage, his confident expression never leaving his face.

He shoved the door to the back room open, and after putting down the bass gently, he swept his younger sister in a tight hug.

"Did you see that Hazel? Did you see!?"

The ten year old giggled, arms around Nico's neck as he spun in circles. He came to a stop, pretending to be dizzy and stumbling around playfully. He heard the sweet tinkle of his aunt's laughter, and grinned at Mrs. Jackson-blofis over the shoulder of his half-sister.

He put Hazel down, the corkscrew brown curls bouncing as she ran after Nico, attaching to his leg as he made his way to the other woman in the room. Sally Jackson-blofis engulfed Nico in a hug, swaying back and forth. For the first time, Nico let his nerves show, clinging to his aunt.

He pulled away slowly, before bending and picking Hazel up.

"C'mon Hazel. Time to go."

He and his family walked out, Hazel's head on Nico's shoulder, the gentle rocking of his steps lulling her to sleep.

PS, if you see 'couch', instead of 'coach', please tell meee!

A Song For You To Remember जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें