Chapter 2 - Preparation

Kaneki's POV

Hide and I finish eating. "Ready to leave?" I ask him. He nods. We stand up and leave. "Let's go home," he says.

Hide follows me as we walk back to my parent's house. I'm going to be meeting my suitor soon. This should be fun!

"Remember to hope it's a hot guy," Hide tells me. "Hopefully," I reply. I don't think my parents would let me have a guy suitor. They want heirs, grandkids.

Last time I checked, two guys couldn't have kids together. They have to adopt and I know my parents would want "biological," blood related, children carrying out the family name. Who gives a fuck? Not me.

We arrive at my parent's house. I gulp. Here goes nothing!

I step in with Hide close behind me. "Mom! I'm home!" I yell. She walks up to me. "Great! We just need to get you ready to meet your suitor!" She says. "Oh, and hello Hide. You could help if you'd like." Hide smiles, "Nah, I'll just watch. I'm not good at that stuff," he politely declines.

"Right this way," Mom says and I follow her into my bedroom. I'm ordered to sit down and wait for Mom to bring in what I have to wear. "This is going to be one of the first times I'll see you dressed fancily," Hide says. I laugh lightly, "Yeah. I'll hate this, but it needs to be done."

Mom brings back something simple. It's just a black dress shirt with matching pants and a grey tie. That's way too simple! Usually they make you wear something a lot fancier. Well, I'm not going to complain. I'm finally getting a bit lucky.

"Can you guys please get out while I change?" I ask. Mom and Hide nod and exit the room. Finally, some time alone! But just a short time.... Now I have to date an absolute stranger and marry them in about two years.

I quickly change and put the clothes I was wearing once before in a basket so mom can wash them later. "I'm done! You can come back in!" I shout. Mom enters the room once more. "You look beautiful!" She says. "Th-Thanks," I reply.

Hide comes back into the room. His jaw drops. "Damn, Kaneki! You look pretty hot!" Oh, did I mention that I know about his gigantic crush on me? He thinks I don't know, but I do. "Really?" I ask doubtfully. "Hell yeah!" He replies. "Too bad I'm not your suitor. I'd go insane!" This makes me blush a little. Damn you, Hide.

"Ready to go?" Mom asks. I nod. We all exit my room. "Hide, stay here. I'll text you and tell you if I like the suitor," I tell him. He smiles and nods. "Okie dokie. Don't become too lovestruck!"

Don't become lovestruck like Jayy Von Monroe or Dahvie Vanity. I got it!

"You look great," Mom compliments. "Thank you. But please, all these compliments are too much," I reply. Mom smiles, "You're so modest. Your suitor will love you."

I hope they do. I have to marry them.

A/N Do any of you listen to BOTDF?