Chapter 1.11.1 ✔

"Just friends."

xxxxx

xxxxx

     I was sitting on the floor with my back against the wall, waiting for Scott to wake up. "Did you know about Scott and me before or after Derek had abducted you?" I asked. Deaton sighed and took off the rubber gloves he was wearing. "I knew about Scott a few days before." I waited for him to tell me about when he knew about me. "You, on the other hand, I knew about that night when Derek decided to pay me a visit. At least now it makes sense to me as to why you left for about 10 months." I nodded and right at that moment, Scott woke up.
     He looked around for a few moments and got up. Deaton turned around and walked up to Scott, who almost fell the floor. "Welcome back to the land of the conscious. You doing okay?" Scott didn't know what to say and just stared at the man. "Maybe you should sit down, huh?" I had gotten up as well and walked over to Scott, whom I hugged for a moment. "Good to see you up and well." I smiled at him and suddenly the bell rang, indicating someone had entered the clinic.

     "Hello?" Deaton asked and was about to walk to the front, but Scott stopped him. He gave him a look saying to be careful and Deaton nodded. He walked towards the front desk. "I'm sorry, but we're... closed." Deaton had stopped walking and stared at the person in front of him. "Hi, there. I'm here to pick up." My eyes went wide, just like Scott's. Peter? "I'm not sure I remember you dropping off." Deaton's heartbeat was steady, not indicating any sign of fear. For now. "This one wandered in on its own." Scott walked into on of the corners and squated, as if he was afraid something would happen to him.
     "Even if he did, I'm afraid I can't help you. We're closed." With my back against the wall, I tried to figure out whether Peter would attack or not. "Well, I think you can make an exception this one time. Don't you?" "I'm sorry. That's not going to be possible. Maybe you could come back during regular hours," Deaton said in his usual calm voice. "You have something of mine. I'm here to collect it." Peter was being very persistant. "Like I said... We're closed."
     Then there was a sound of someone scratching wood. "Mountain ash. That's an old one." Scott frowned and looked at me. He didn't know about it then. All of the sudden we saw wood splinters fly through the doorway, but we didn't hear Deaton groan in pain or something. "Let me be as clear as possible. We... are... closed. "There are others who can help me get what I want, Scott. More innocent and far more vulnerable." "Allison," we both mumbled.

~~~

     "It's not here." Scott was rummaging through all of his stuff. "Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" "Again?" I immediately said while Scott said he can't afford a new one. "And I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek." "Well, 'A', you're not alone. You have me." I glared at Stiles. "I mean us. And 'B', didn't you guys say Derek walked into gunfire. He sounds pretty dead." I crossed my arms and walked around in Scott's room. "Argent's plan was to use him to get the Alpha. They're not going to kill him." I told Stiles. "All right, so then just let them do what they're planning. You know? They use Derek to get Peter... problem solved." "Not if Peter's going after Allison to find Derek! I can't protect her on my own." "No, because that's my job. You can help me, though." Why do they always forget that I AM THE ONE dating Allison?!
     "Which means we either find Derek first... just... just help me!" "You probably lost it when you were fighting him. Remember that, when he was trying to kill you, after you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Are you starting to see a pattern of violent behaviour here?" "If you don't shut up, I'm going to be violent." I flashed my red eyes at Stiles for a second and smirked as he shut his mouth submissively.
     "He wasn't going to kill anyone and I'm not letting him die." "Could you at least think about letting him die. For me?" "No," I simply said, before we heard a car get to a halt. Scott and I both looked up, whereas Stiles just asked what happened. "Melissa just got home," I said.
     "Hi. It's me. Melissa McCall. I'm... giving you a call. That always sounds really weird because of my last name, 'McCall'. So... yeah. Um, you know I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to reschedule dinner or lunch. It doesn't have to be dinner. Lunch is good. Or maybe you would like to do coffee, or maybe you're a tea drinker. I don't know." I snickered a little at this very awkward sounding conversation. Stiles and Scott quickly looked at me and Scott just gave me a stern look. "You know, we could also just go out for drinks. Yeah, because I think I need a few after this profoundly embarrassing phone call. So if this really doesn't freak you out too much after this disastrous call, feel free to, um, give me a call." With that, Melissa ended the call and I could hear her sigh.

     "Is she okay?" I looked at Scott, curious as to what he will say. But he didn't. He just shook his head. "What's she doing?" Stiles asked. But I already knew the asnwer. "Crying," Scott said with a sad voice. I got up from the bed and wrapped my arms around Scott's neck. His arms slipped around my waist and I could feel him bury his face in my neck. "Scott, you can't protect everyone," I mumbled as I swayed us just a little before letting go. "I have to."

~~~

     Later that night, I couldn't sleep. There was only one thing on my mind. Allison. I threw off my blanket and put on some clothes. I quickly grabbed the keys to my house and locked the door behind before running off. About 10 minutes later I arrived at the Argent house. Without making any noise, I climbed up the roof and sat down. From here I could see Allison. She was tossing and turning in her sleep. I wish it wasn't my fault she had trouble sleeping, but I had a feeling it was. It wouldn't surprise me if Kate told her about my kind. When I looked in her direction again, I could feel tears well up in my eyes. I should've told her about me. Me. Not her aunt. Not her father. Just me. The tears were now running down my cheeks and I didn't even bother to wipe them away.

~~~

     I was about to walk to my locker, but then I saw Jackson leaning against it. "Hey, what time should I pick you up for the dance tomorrow?" He asked Allison. What? No. My hand was forming a fist, but my claws were out on that hand. I could feel the claws pierce my skin. "Are you okay?" Allison asked the boy. "Yeah, I-I'm great. I'm just excited to go to the formal. With you. As friends. Just friends. Just... just friends." Jeez, how many times did he have to say that? They laughed together and then they walked off. Allison and my eyes locked for a few seconds and I realised I was holding my breath.
     When I was properly breathing again, I noticed Scott and Stiles looking around the corner. Their eyes went from Jackson and Allison to me. "Shit," Scott mumbled and he walked up to me. "Rebekah, are you okay?" "How would you feel if your ex-girlfriend would go to the formal with someone else?" Scott's hand reached to mine and pulled my hand towards him. He unfolded my fist and saw the wounds in the palm of my hand. I didn't say anything and looked from my hand to the boy in front of me. I pulled my hand back and walked past him to my locker.

~~~

     Later that day I went dress shopping with Stiles, but he left me to help Lydia finding a dress. Great. I walked around through the racks and saw several beautiful dresses. I just hadn't found the one, yet. After about half an hour of just looking around, my eyes were drawn to a dress. I walked to it and admired it. It was sophisticated, beautiful and I really liked it. I chose one that was in my size and went into one of the dressing rooms.

     I got out of the dressing room and I saw someone talking to Allison. Peter. Before I'd wolf out and attack him in the store, I walked over to Scott. "That's not your colour,"  the older Hale said to Allison. "Sorry, if that was intrusive, but... considering your skin tone, I'd go lighter." "Because I'm pale?" "Fair. I mean, you can't call skin like yours pale."  Creep. "Not skin that perfect." I stared at Scott with a look of discust on my face. Allison had said an awkward 'okay' before Peter continued talking to her. "Trust me, I-I have a unique perspective on the subject. Do you mind?" I looked over my shoulder and saw him holding a dress and keeping it next to her hand. A low growl erupted from my throat and Scott wrapped his hand around my wrist.
     Before I realised it, Peter was looking up through his eyelashes and squinted a little, noticing it was me who just growled. "See? Much better." Allison had taken the dress and her heart was beating like crazy. "" You're not here alone, are you? Shopping for dresses... with friends." I wanted to run up to her and take her with me, away from this creep. "High school dance?" "Formal," Allison said in a soft voice. Suddenly something was said through the speakers in the shopping centre. "Attention shoppers. To the owner of a blue Mazda, license plate-" "Did she just say a blue Mazda?" Allison mumbled. "-5768. Your car is being towed." "Oh! That's my car." Allison ran in our direction and I pretty much hid my face in Scott's chest.

     "I have to say, Scott, I continue to be impressed with your ingenuity. Just remember... You can't be everywhere all the time. Neither can that little friend of yours, the British one," Peter said. Scott and I looked at each other with a confused look and got out of the shop as fast as possible. Not before I bought the dress, of course.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technically, I already published a chapter today, but I decided to add another one. I do expect some 'love' from you guys, though (you know what I mean). And unfortunately, my spring break is over and I have to go to school again tomorrow. Fuck me.
Don't forget to vote/comment/share if you liked this chapter!
x -ceraunophile