Raph - Nightmares

You cuddled up to your boyfriend of three years, Raphael, one of four incredible mutant turtles who were also saviors of the city that never sleeps. Formerly know as New York City. Right now, it was alittle past midnight and your 6ft turtle had his arm's wrapped around you protectively in his sleep.

You snooze quietly as did he. That is until, he begins sweating vigorously. You moaned alittle before opening your eye's slowly after being awoken by a sudden jolt.

You groan softly rubbing your eye's but find your unable to move any further. Raphael had tightened his grip on your smaller form, he began whispering into the crook of your exposed neck. He was asleep that much was obvious but, he sounds...scared?

Raphael was never open to showing what he really felt in the inside only if he thought it would show anyone else his weaknesses.

So something was definitely wrong.

You began turning in his grip which wasn't easy and brought your hands up to caress both sides of his face.

"Raph? Raphie wake up" you whispered patting his cheek lightly. He was sweating profusely and he seemed so distressed, he shook violently and he groaned "No...no stop. Don't hurt...her..no."

Your eye's narrowed worriedly and you called to him a little louder "Raph wake up babe. Please wake up".

Suddenly, his large hand wrapped around your wrist roughly as if you scared him. His eyes were now open and wide, he was panting heavily his chest rising and falling rapidly.

You sighed in relief before smiling up at him "It's okay, Raphie. It's ok" you whispered as he began calming down and looked away from you guiltily or apologetically. Probably both.

"Sorry" he mumbled his voice gruff.

He then sat up placing a hand to his head and he groaned softly, you sat up with him placing a hand on his shoulder "It's about Shredder again isn't it?" You asked him.

He sighed softly before nodding and his eye's darkened slowly at the reminder of the villan and leader of the foot clan.

"You beat him babe. And you can do it again, you don't need to worry about him anymore" You whispered to him soothingly.

He a shook his head "It's not that...." you looked at him raising a brow as he paused his head lowered and his hand slipping into your own.

"I'm not...strong enough" he began and your eye's softened at this "He nearly killed my brothers (y/n). And if April and her paparazzi fan hadn't been there he may have succeeded" he said.

You and him sat in silence for a moment until you snacked him in the back of the head. He looked at you startled before he glared at you "Hey! What was--" you interrupted him.

You got up quickly and straddled him grabbing both sides of his face before pulling him in for a rough kiss that he quickly leaned into. You then pulled away slowly "Don't say anything like that again, Raphael" you started and he looked up at you in shock.

"Your the strongest man, mutant, turtle out there and no one can say otherwise. Not even you. I've never seen anyone work harder. Or strive for greater then you do" you smiled down at him your hands entwined with his.

"You were amazing. You tried your hardest and just because you and hadn't beat him that day didn't mean anything. You beat him the next," You said to him and Raphael's eye's seemed to water as you spoke.

You kissed his lips once more "You've never failed your brothers and you'll never fail me" you said a smile on your lips.

Raph looked up at you a tug on his lips and then he looked down before his arm's went around your torso pulling you in "Thank you (y/n)" he whispered and you felt him shudder as he breathed deeply.

You only held him close a smile on your face as you felt your own eyes begin to burn with unsheathed tears.

"I love you Raphael Hamato" you whispered as you both began to slowly lay back down into the pillows into eachothers embrace.