Prologue

Disappointment washed over her as she pictured the scenario a week ago- dead bodies everywhere, the Hogwarts castle in ruins, and Harry Potter battered and bruised and incapable of saving the world.

Don't get her wrong, she is glad that Harry's alive but somehow, she's disappointed that he didn't finished he-who-must-not-be-named that day. She's also disappointed that she, Hermione Granger, the brightest witch of her age, couldn't do anything about the situation.

All she could do now is follow McGonagall and the remaining staff of Hogwarts, a few left of the order of the phoenix, some members of the Dumbledore's army, and of course those who survived the war into hiding.

Somehow, they managed to camp into the forest of dean, complete with enchantments so that the dark Lord may not track them down. Of course they have to leave from time to time but somehow, they managed to be alive for a week now.

"How are you?" Harry's voice cut her off from her trance as he walked towards her.

"Fine." She answered instantly and added, "Feel something with your scar, Harry?"

"No. No sign of Vol-" He replied but was quickly cut off by Hermione.

"Harry, Stop!"

"What's the big deal about saying his name, Hermione? You said it yourself that the fear of the name only increases the fear of the thing itself."

Hermione looked at him like he had grown a second head.

"I'm not afraid of him, Harry, but the name's tabooed, remember?" She answered in her know-it-all tone.

"Oh."

In a time like this one, pride must be forgotten for what is the use of pride if Voldemort would be able to track them down and kill them.

Well, maybe not all of them but she is as sure as hell that she isn't one to be safe if ever they are captured, being a muggleborn and all.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she noticed something- or rather someone- in the distance. A person just outside their enchantments.

"What's wrong?" Harry notices her quick change of emotion and he quickly followed where her eyes is leading to.

"I see someone." Hermione whispered as though she's worried that the person outside might hear her although she's quite sure the enchantments are working properly because the person is somehow oblivious to them.

"It's dead." Harry speaks up as they walked closer to the edge of their enchantment.

"I don't think so." She whispers again and walked closer to the body laying cold on the ground.

"Hermione." Harry whispered in alarm.

But Hermione did not turn around as she continue to walk.

"You're going outside the enchantments. Once you're out there's a possibility that you can't come back." Harry explained.

"I know, Harry. I helped with the enchantments, remember?"

Harry rolled his eyes with her remark.

After a few moments of silence, he thought that she would go back to the camp and forgot about the blonde man- for they are close enough to distinguish the person laying-but instead, she whispered some spells and the man came flying into Hermione's arms.

Harry let out an angry sigh.

"Hermione, this could be trouble." He said impatiently.

"Or maybe it could be hope." She looked at him with hope sparkling in her eyes.

He looks at her for a moment and she continued, "Look, Harry. It's Draco Malfoy."

And she turned the body facing Harry and he confirmed it was really him.

"What the hell is he doing here?"