Chapter Six

"Stupefy!"

"Crucio!"

"Avada Kedavra!"

"Expelliarmus!"

The mission ended with a battle.

Fortunately, Team Harry Potter won and they managed to save Cho Chang safe and sound. How? It wasn't easy.

The six of them apparated a little mile from Godric's hollow and snuck into the said place. It wasn't that hard since surprisingly enough, there were only a few guards roaming around the area and they didn't stand a chance.

Kingsley, Ginny and Longbottom guarded the door as the three of them entered the threshold.

"There's no one here." Harry said when they finished scanning the house.

"Obviously." Draco replied which earned him a glare from Hermione.

"There must be something we missed!" Hermione exclaimed. "We need to save Cho. I'm sure it wasn't a useless tip and this house was guarded."

"Barely." Draco said. "They were too easy to defeat. We must be missing something."

"Then, what do you suggest we do?" Harry asked but he did not get an answer.

Instead, Draco roamed the corners of the room like he was searching for something.

And then he stops, looks at Harry and Hermione and smiled.

"Oh, this is way too easy." He laughed and muttered a spell.

Harry and Hermione didn't hear the spell but they heard the sound of walls opening to reveal a tied and gagged Cho Chang.

Hermione ran towards the hostage and freed her from the bonds.

Draco smirked at him.

"Don't brag, Malfoy. We know that Voldemort is trying to kill you now so I assume he isn't pleased wi-"

But Harry didn't get to finish his sentenced when Hermione gasped.

"We need to get out of here. Fast."

Without thinking, the four of them ran as fast as they can towards the exit and they found their remaining group fighting with death eaters.

Harry and Draco helped Ginny, Shaklebolt and Longbottom while Hermione stays close to Cho and doing her best to protect her and herself as well.

All in all, the mission went pretty well. They have a few bruises but nothing major and they managed to come back to the camp without being followed.

"It was because of you, you know. We managed to save Cho because of you." Hermione said to Draco as the six of them entered the tent they went on earlier.

"That's right. I guess it's good to have someone who knows how the dark side works." Neville added. "It 's a compliment not an insult , Malfoy"

At this, Draco chuckled. "I know that, Longbottom."

And then Shacklebolt added, "You, Malfoy, reminds me of a friend I had once. And he died to protect Harry."

And silence fell upon them.

Ginny cleared her throat rather awkwardly and said, "How long is Professor McGonagall going to talk to Cho? They have been talking for nearly half an hour already."

And it was in that moment when the two ladies entered the tent.

"Now, all of you, let's go meet with the others." McGonagall said and all of them followed into the even bigger room where most of the survivors are already waiting for the results.

Professor McGonagall took the center stage and started to speak.

"All of you listen; our rescue team led by the chosen one has successfully saved our fellow survivor Ms Cho Chang. Of course there has been some problem on the way back due to the negligence of the name being tabooed-" she took a glance on Harry-"but nevertheless, they have succeeded and we have managed to acquire great information- in which I will share to you after a discussion with the leaders.

The survivors seemed to know where they should be going next but Draco was confused. So, he decided to return to his tent. He wasn't a leader, he knows that. But what exactly is his place? He isn't a prisoner but technically, they don't trust him. Who would trust him? Even himself is having a hard trust trusting his life. He dismissed these thoughts and decided to return to his room.