Chapter Ten

Everything after that happened so fast Draco wasn't sure he could remember it all.

First,  they meet up with the others and together they apparated.

"Why are we here at Godric's Hollow?" Draco asked confused.  After all,  Godric's Hollow is a place where many things happened,  it seems unlikely that they are safe there.

"We have a safehouse here.  One that only the three of us knew.  Me,  Harry, and um... Ron. " Hedmione replied but trailed off at the end.

Foreseeing the awkwardness,  Harry decided to continue her sentence.

"Well,  for starters,  Hermione thought about this,  mind you.  Godric's Hollow is known to be already overpowered by the death eaters.  Simply,  we are hiding in plain sight."

As soon as they arrived in their safe house,  Hermione quickly checked the enchantments and added more.

***

"Losing Ron still affects her but she acts as though it isn't a big deal to her but it actually is." Harry said.

For a while,  Hermione decided to cook as Ginny, Neville,  and Luna decided to sleep first,  Draco and Harry decided to chat a bit.

"That's the problem with war.  You can't mourn too long." He replied.

There was silence between them that lasted for a few minutes.

"I won't ask questions Malfoy,  though I have too many.  All i'm asking is for you to not break our trust.  There are many lives at stake here."

Draco could only nod.  He has no choice.  He should take their side now.  It's just survival. Without them,  he would already be dead. 

His mind wandered back to the encounter with his real mother-yes,  only for the sake of argument, he thought to himself. After all,  he had already received all the pain with him being a son of a muggleborn.  A mudblood. 

The word he was taught to hate the most. Why did his father taught that to him knowing he is one?

No.  He's not.  He is the son of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy.  He belongs to a sacred pureblood family. 

Being a pureblood. That was his identity.  And it feels as though if  he really is a muggleborn,  he is not Draco Malfoy anymore.

But even though nothing has come out now, about his real identity, why does he feel that he is living a lie?

He was so lost in thought that he didn't notice Hermione enter the room.

"Draco,  I need to talk to you. "

It's as if he was splashed with water in the face.

Of course.  How could he be bloody stupdid.  Earlier,  Hermione's reaction-or lack thereof- is one of the things that should worry him the most.

Now,  she wants to talk to him and it would be about what happened. Is he ready?

"Draco? Privately. " She called again so he had no choice but to follow her to another room.

"Look,  I don't know what you heard earlier but-" He rambled as soon as the door was closed but was cut off by Hermione.

"I know. "