Chapter Five

There were loud noises just outside the room and Draco knew something was up. It wasn't just something, but it's something big.

Hermione came dashing into the room after a while and it was an indication that he was indeed right.

"Do you want to come?" She asked him.

"Where to?"

"We received some call for help from a friend and we are trying to get her back."

Instead of answering, he stared at her.

He stared at her like she was a puzzle piece that is too hard to be solved.

"What?" Hermione asked.

"Um... Are you seriously going to risk your life just to save an individual? Isn't caring for yourself comes first before caring for others? Or am I just mistaken?"

"She is our friend." Hermione stated, though it seems that she is already getting annoyed by their conversation.

"So?"

"I wouldn't expect you Malfoy to know the value of friendships but I'm here to ask you a question; are you coming or not?" She exclaimed.

Draco looked around him.

The room was small since it was only a part of a bigger tent where everybody stays. There is a little bed in which he sleeps and sits most of the time and a small table beside. There isn't much choices for him considering his situation and he knew he needed to get out of the room.

"I'll come." He exclaimed and stood up from where he was sitting.

"Good. Let's go meet the others."

She didn't give him a chance to say anything before going out of the room. Draco followed after her.

He expected everyone to stare at him after going out of the room. But they didn't. Maybe it was because they didn't recognise him. Or maybe they didn't care about him at all. It would be such a relief if all the people he is staying with doesn't have anything against him being a death eater.

"Hey Granger. Why isn't anyone looking or staring at me? Don't they recognise me?" He whispered on her ear.

"What do you mean-oh- actually, some people here are angry at you being a death eater and all so they probably decided to act like you don't exist. It's the best for everyone." She explained.

"It's not the best for me. Do you have any idea how painful it is to not exist?" He joked.

But it sure is painful to live a fake life; to live around lies.

At this, Hermione chuckled and a small hint of smile is evident on Draco's lips.

After that, it was quiet. The footsteps were the only ones you could hear but for Draco it didn't matter.

After a few more walking, they entered another tent which consists of five persons to be exact.

There was Potter, the girl Weasley, Longbottom, Shacklebolt, and Professor McGonagall.

"Sit down." It was Professor McGonagall.

"Now, your mission is to save Cho Chang who is hidden in a house in Godric's Hollow. You must escort her from the hidden house towards here without being followed. The house may be surrounded with death eaters so be ready to use your wands. And remember to always be wise."

After that, they all nodded and McGonagall went out of the tent.

"That's all?" Draco asked to nobody in particular.

"You know you're not allowed to know more details." Hermione answered him.

"Why am I here again?" He asked mostly to himself.

"Because, Malfoy. You were a death eater so you know the way they fight and since you were the right hand of the dark lord, I figure you know how to fight well." Harry joined in their conversation.

"But, this isn't right." Draco complained. "I don't know why we should be risking our lives just because of this Cho."

"I told you already, she's a friend." Hermione answered him.

Draco was going to question again but all eyes are glaring towards him so he just sighed.

"Fine. Let's go."

***