Page 2

As I board the plane I began to think

"I wonder how California is going to be..." 

That is because I have never been outside the state of Virginia

I decided that I was going to go to sleep to kill time.

About 5 hours later a flight attendant wakes me up and tells me we are in California.

So I get to the airport luggage claim so I get my bags and see Scott, my biological dad waiting in his pick-up truck for me, the last time I saw him is when I was 10 or 11, now I am 17, he comes and helps me with my bags. 

He asks me "So... Are you ready to go?"

I reply  "Yes"

On the way to the house I look out the window, the whole way there it's nothing but awkward silence.

About twenty-five minutes later we arrive at his house. I get my luggage from the back of the truck, and we head inside.

When I get in I see my baby pictures on his T.V. stand

"Your bedroom is upstairs, down the hall, to the left" he says to me

"Thanks, where is the bathroom?" I ask

He replies "Your bathroom is in your room"

"Thank you" I tell him

On my way upstairs Scott stops me and says "Maria, I forgot to tell you, you start school tomorrow"

I nod to acknowledge him.

I get to my room and start unpacking. I notice that red (my favorite color) is everywhere in my room. I also see some more of my baby pictures.

For some reason I was still tired even though I slept on the airplane ride here.

So I took a shower, brushed my teeth, changed my clothes, and went to bed. After all tomorrow was the "big day" also known as the first day of my senior year.