Meeting The Tomorrow People

I Just got onto the subway, no one else was on here but me. I reached into my bag and pulled out Stephen Kings 'It' opened up to where i was and started to read it. About 10 minutes went by with out the lights flickering, but they started up again. I think they should really fix that.

"Hey." I jumped and dropped my book.

"What the fucks you problem, haven't you ever heard not to sneak up on a girl before?" Stephen laughed at me.

"So thought about what I said yet? You can come meet them now?" I picked my book up and put it away.

"Fine, where do they live anyways?" We stood up and he teleported us there. 

"Here," He laughed started walking around. I followed after looking and all the people around me. I'd say about 20 or so.

"You must be Sarah, hey I'm Cara. This is John and Russel." Cara said pointing at the two guys behind her.

I waved. "Hi, so what exactly is this?"

The one named Russel laughed, "It's our home" 

"Comfy.." John laughed and walked over to me. 

"Wanna take the tour?" I followed him into the other room.

"So there's more," We laughed. Walked into the room that seems like the main room.

"This is pretty much were we eat and hangout through out the day." we headed towards the stairs. "Up here is where we train to fight and use our powers better." We walked around and talked for a bit then headed back to Stephen.

"So ya like." Russel said jumping off the couch.

"Oh yeah beautiful."  I laughed.

"Well its better than getting your powers stripped or getting killed." I looked at Stephen when Russel said that.

"Well someone left that out." We all looked at him.

"I said they hunt our kind." Stephen mermerd.

"So do you guys like live down here like all the time?" I asked a bit confused.

"Yeah and so can you if you want to live," John sat on one of the sofas.

"So, you in?" Cara asked.

"Well I guess. Can i go grab some things from my house first?" 

"Okay, Russel go with her, Stephen there is another breakout John and I are-" Cara trailed on as me and Russel Teleported to my house.

"I have to warn you, my foster dads not that nice." It was 8 pm and I was late. Steve was probably drunk. I grabbed my key out of my bag and unlocked the door. Russel and I walked in side,

"Where the fuck have you been all night!!" Steve yelled coming out of the kitchen. "Oh, who's this?" 

"Uh, Steve, Russel. Russel, Steve." I introduced them, "lets go upstairs now.." Russel followed after me. 

"Well he seems nice." I laughed

"So nice. I'm getting changed so don't look." He laughed. I took my shirt off and grabbed my hoddie off my bed. 

"What happened to you back.." He said shocked.

"Steve's not always that nice.." I trailed off throwing my hoddie over my head. I threw a few shirts and some pants into a bag and pulled Russel out my door and down the stairs. "I'm leaving. bye." I opened the door and me and Russel jumped when Steve started screaming.

*1 am*

I was sitting on the couch, mostly everyone was asleep. I was reading Stephen kings it again. listening to music. 

'yo yo yo, come here' I heard Russel think.

I unplugged my head phones and got up, walked over to the kitchen, "what do you want?"

"Wow, sarky. Why you the only one awake?" He laughed passing me a chocolate bar.

" Thanks, and you're awake." We laughed.

"Yeah well I'm on guard duty." We walked out of the kitchen and sat back down on the couch.

"So you're the guard dog right now. sounds like it sucks." I laughed. 

"So are you going to tell my what happened to your back?" His voice got serious.

"Like I said Steve wasn't always so nice.." I wanted him to change the subject, I don't like talking about this.

"Well you're safe from that now."  he put his hand on my shoulder and walked away.

I started to red my book until I fell asleep.

*********************

Hope you liked it, should I continue.