Electical storm

I couldn't believe that I had to stay at sonics house for who knows how long.

Sonic and I had been watching the news channel which brought us the newest reports of the electrical storm. It looked pretty bad...

I couldn't stop looking at sonic he was just so... Innocent. His emerald eyes sparkled from the shinning reflections of the tv screen.

I looked away realizing what I was doing. I was probably blushing now.

"Hey Jet... Are you alright?" Sonic asked.

"Um...Yeah..." I said still facing away from sonic. "Why?"

"Well the jet I know is the cocky green bird that will never shut up about how awesome he is" he chuckled.

Oh no. Was that all sonic thought of me? "No I'm just tired..."

"It's only noon." I heard sonic stand up. He walked over and looked at me his arms crossed.

"Yeah... So?" I asked. We just held each others gaze it was an awkward silence.

"You need coffee." Sonic smiled.

"What?" I asked chuckling a bit.

Sonic walked over and picked me up carrying me to the kitchen. "Sonic I can probably walk by myself." I said.

"Don't be silly you just broke your leg!" He smiled setting me down on a chair.

"Still..." I turned looking outside through the window as the rain fell heavily. I sighed as I watched the rain drops slide down the glass.

I was right inside of sonics house and sonic was 2 feet away from me yet I still couldn't have him.

Sonic walked over and put a cup of coffee in front of me and smiled. "Now drink it" he said mocking a commanding tone.

"Fine fine" I picked up the cup and took a sip. It wasn't half bad.

Sonic smiled sitting down across from me. "It's good huh?" Sonic asked.

I nodded in response taking another sip.

"It's a secret recipe!" He said his smile still plastered on his tan muzzle.

"It's good" I said blankly. I took another sip.

"I just realized I've know you for half of my life but I barely know you..."

"I know" I was at a loss for words. I was over thinking this.

The rain fell quietly and the smell of coffee filled the kitchen. I noticed sonic looking outside at the rain and remembered sonic was afraid of water.

"Sonic why are so afraid of water?" I asked him.

"Huh... Oh I can't swim... I guess not I'm not afraid of water... I'm afraid of drowning." He smiled.

"Oh..." I smiled softly. If me and sonic had nothing to talk about this was going to be a long day.