Texts

I woke up and I was freezing. I also had a pounding headache from the lack of sleep I had gotten.

I looked over at Sonic. He still looked asleep. My leg started to ache so I laid on my back staring that the ceiling.

For the few hours of sleep I did get last night they were very light. The dream didn't occur, luckily.

I felt sonic move as I quickly closed my eyes. I wanted to avoid awkward morning conversation. I felt sonics eyes resting on me.

I wanted to open mine so bad. To stare right in those emerald green eyes and say "Sonic I love you! You are beautiful amazing kind funny and just perfect." I mentally smiled at that.

Sonic sighed "dang it Jet why do you have to be asleep?" He asked. I didn't stir. "I really wanted to tell you that..." He mumbled something. I couldn't catch it but my interest sparked.

I kept my eyes shut as Sonic stood up from the bed. I listened as the bedroom door closed after he left. I opened my eyes and sighed.

I'm such a coward.

•••

Sonic left his phone on the bedside table. The thing was I could read his texts.

Sonic was texting someone last night. He could walk in her any moment though.

I grabbed his phone opening it to his texts. His last text was to Tails I quickly read the thread my mouth hanging open at what I saw.

Sonic: I got Jet in bed with me. Tails! He's so perfect!

Tails: You. have. to. make. your. move.

Sonic: Don't do that

Tails: Fine

Sonic: I want to pet him he looks soft

Tails: Okay you pedo

Sonic: It's not my fault I've had an undying love for him since I first met him.

Tails: Your starting to sound like Amy

Sonic: Goodnight Tails.

Tails: Man don't leave me hanging.

I quickly set the phone back down. A bright blush burned at my face. I couldn't wipe this stupid smile off my beak.

I laid down pulling the covers over me. I needed to talk to Sonic. I need to talk to him now. I needed to tell him.

I sighed looking down at my leg. Stupid leg why did it have to be broken couldn't it have been my arm or something?

I sat up then sighed heavily resting my head in my hands. My leg is broken and I can't do anything about it.

I looked out the window. The storm still seemed to be going on. I noticed the power was still out.

I grabbed my phone out of my boot. [A/N: Like really where would they keep phones? XD] No new messages or missed calls.

I returned it to my boot as it threatened to die on me. I heard foot steps coming upstairs.

I got excited as I sat up straight. Knowing sonic liked me back made this easier... Or so I thought.

Sonic bounded through the door as his usual happy self. He smiled at me with a beautiful smile that made my heart flutter.

"I see you woke up." Sonic said.

"Yep." I nodded smiling at him.

"That's good. I made coffee do you want some?" He asked.

"Sure." I said. He walked over to the side of the bed and picked me up. I still couldn't get used to the feeling of being carried around everywhere.

As we started walking down the stairs I got out the courage to tell him. "Sonic can I tell you something?" I asked looking away from him.

"Yeah." He said.

"Sonic I-"

[Don't you just love cliff hangers because I sure do! XD]