Tails

When I woke up the next morning to the sound of Sonic breathing I got chills.

I opened up my eyes and remembered we were on a couch. I smiled at Sonic. He looked so peaceful when he slept.

Sonic must've felt me move because he opened on of his sleepy eyes and smiled. "Good morning Jet." He said giving me a quick kiss on my beak.

"Good morning to you to Sonic." I said resting my head on his chest.

He reached his hand down running them along my feathers. "I don't think I formally asked you Jet, but will be mine?" He asked.

"Duh." I giggled and nuzzled up against him.

"Good." He kissed my head softly. I smiled and looked outside. It was still raining.

"I wonder how everyone else is?" I wondered out load.

"I bet they're fine, ya know. People know hoe to stay safe." He chuckled "I mean I'm usually the one risking my life." He gave me a crooked smile. I nodded.

After spending the day dozing off and having pointless conversations that went know where I finally came up with a good question.

"Sonic... Are you going to tell your friends about, you know, us?" I asked.

"Hmm... Yeah." He shrugged. "Why not? If my friends are actually my friends they won't care. What about you?" He asked.

"You mean those lame excuses for friends that I've had to hang out with? I never really like them." I sighed. "They're the worst."

"Then why would you hang out with them?" He asked.

"Because I'm nothing special, so why would I deserve friends when I'm already terrible to the ones I have?"

He stayed quiet for the moment. Then he looked at me with his sparkling green eyes. "Just you know you're special to me. I love you so much Jet, you mean the world to me." I just nodded. He sighed in frustration.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. It took me and Sonic awhile to untangle ourselves from each other. Then sonic answered the door.

"Tails!" He yelled, "What are you doing out in this?" He asked bringing his soaking wet shaking friend inside.

"I needed to help, the people. They're dying." He shuttered out. Sonic sighed and looked outside. Tails caught my glance. "Hey jet what are you doing here?" He asked.

"Well first I broke my leg... And then sonic was helping me and the storm started so we just stayed here." That was all I said.

Tails nodded vaguely. "Sonic you have to help...."

Sonic looked down, "I can't help, Mother Nature don't like to be tampered with."

Tails growled, "Don't you understand?!?! People are dying!" He yelled as he threw the door open and stepped outside. "You know where I'll be if you decide to help the dying!"

"Tails... Please. I can't. Stay safe!" He yelled as tails slammed the front door. Sonic turned around "Mother Nature don't like to be tampered with..." He repeated again. He sighed.