Shane- Earth

Shane laid on his bed trying to ignore the sounds of fights and city people. It was so loud it might blow his ears off. He hated it here. A soft knock sounded at his door and he stood. He was tall and Lanky, but with good build. His thick dark hair hung in his dark brown eyes. He walked three steps and opened the door to see his little sister Louise.
 "Hey. What's up?" he asked as she entered and flopped on his bed.
 "I'm so tired it's not even funny..."
 Shane laughed and flopped down next to her, "Then go to bed."
 She groaned and smiled before hitting him playfully.
 "it's noon on Wednesday, noooooooooooo." Shane sighed, he would've been in school at her age...and then last year the school closed due to 'lack of funds' which pretty much means, 'The Lunars' money is being withdrawn from you educational fund'. He grimaced thinking about the Lunars. The rich people who moved there- Luna- about three hundred years ago. The celebrities, the royalty, the wealthy. All of them. Gone. he sighed heavily and stood before getting on his laptop. News as normal, "Mar's technical advanc- Tensions Growing between Earth Lea- Star Liane Lester dies at 89 due to a fai- Earth cleanup continuing for the 79th yea-" Shane flipped through them all, nothing important. He sighed. 
 Poverty had always been the majority, who knew they'd condemn the majority to the original planet? Shane turned to his window, it was smoggy and the air looked thick, buildings stacked on buildings creating a Labyrinth of streets and roads, he couldn't even see the sky through all the smoke... He'd seen photos of Earth before the industrial fall, who would want to leave it?  Skies blue and endless, fields of endless green, houses with yards and spaces, picket fences and room to breath.......
 He sighed and his computer beeped, he turned to face it, "The Asteroid is recruiting NOW!" he gasped and clicked on the link practically falling out of his chair, he read; 

For a limited time, there is space on the Asteroid, the international space station and army base for the UPN (United Planetary Nations). Join now to protect and serve!
The recruiting will take place on 11;27; in the; Alpha colony, The Apollo colony, The Base, The Beta Colony, The Hephaestus Colony, The Creators Colony, Mars; The main Square,the dark square, Luna

Shane sighed. No place on Earth, then again, why would there be? Earth was a wasteland....
He Yawned and an insane idea came to him. He could go to Luna. It wouldn't take more than a few hours, and how proud his parents would be...
He nodded to himself, he's going to do it. Now....where to get the Money........?