Watered with Blood

"JADE, COME ON!" Karkat followed Jade around the garden as she watered her plants, "I PROMISE, IT ISNT THAT BAD!"

"I'm not doing it, Karkat," Jade sneered at him and went back to tending to her plants.

"JADE! ITLL BE BETTER FOR YOU INSTEAD OF BEING HERE DOING THIS!" He gestures to her watering can several times.

"I. Will. Not!" She threw the can down and water spilled all over the grass, "You're a traitor!"

"YOUVE KNOWN THIS!" Karkat yelled and drew his sword, "SO WHY DIDNT YOU SAY ANYTHING BEFORE?'l

"Because it wasn't a problem! I am not a troll so I wouldn't belong!"

"BUT I CARE ABOUT YOU, JADE! I DONT WANT YOU HERE WHEN WE ATTACK!"

"Attack?" She turned to meet his eyes, "You're going to attack us?"

Karkat realized the weight of the words he had just uttered, "YES. WE ARE. YOU EITHER COME WITH ME OR YOU DIE," he pointed his sword at her chest, "RIGHT HERE."

She took a fighting stance, lowering her body and spreading her feet, "Then you'll have to kill me."

Karkat smirked and began laughing maniacally, "AND SO THE STUPID HUMAN GOES WITH THE LATTER. VERY WELL."

He ran at her and pierced her heart with the tip of his sword, slowly staking it deeper until it tore through her body. She couldn't even scream, she was dead on contact. Karkat withdrew the sword and scoffed at her corpse as it thunked to the moist grass.

"GOOD RIDDANCE," he sheathed his sword and walked away briskly.

"Karkat!" Dirk called from the balcony overhead, "Where is Jade?"

Karkat grit his teeth and griped his sword handle, "SHE'S... REFILLING HER WATERING CAN."

Dirk glared down at him and pulled his sword out, "I saw what you did, Vantas," he jumped over the balcony with his sword aimed straight at Karkat, "I can't believe we ever trusted a troll."

Karkat drew his sword and locked eyes with Dirk, "THAT WAS YOUR FAULT."

"Dirk!" Dave called from the balcony.
Dirk looked up at him and Karkat struck. It completely missed Dirk but it was enough for him to become enraged. Dirk swing down on Karkat but he rolled out of the way. He quickly sheathed his sword and ran.
Soon, he was gone.

"Dirk!" Dave called again, running down the steps, "Have you gone mad?!"

Dirk shook his head, "Karkat. He- he killed Jade. I was just watching and- and he stabbed her through the chest. I- I feel like a failure."

"She wasn't your assigned," Dave laid a hand on Dirk's shoulder as he took a knee.

"Now there's one less heir," Dirk sighed and stood, "They're going to kill him. Karkat is going to die."