Into the Castle

As Dave escorted John through the gates, they made their way towards the troll kingdom, "Couldn't we have taken horses?"

"No," John shook his head, "that would be too obvious."

"I suppose you're right," Dace sighed, "How far away, exactly, is the kingdom?"

"Not that far, actually. It'll maybe take an hour or two to walk there."

Dave groaned and stretched out his back, "Well then we've got ground to cover."

John smiled and began running down the path, "Bet I can get there before you!"

Dave began sprinting an soon he was ahead of John, "Unlikely. As your assigned knight it is my duty to lay out the path before you."

"Yeah, yeah! Let's just get there so we can get back in time. I'm starting to think this was a bad idea," John shook his head but kept his pace brisk.

"You dare to turn back?" Dave raises his eyebrows and mockingly gaped at John.

John responded by punching Dave's shoulder, "Not a chance! We're going to do this!"

"That's what I like to hear!"

They ran through several woods and over many paths until they reached their destination.

"There it is," John sighed and stopped, staring at the castle that loomed before them."

"It's... a lot bigger than ours, isn't it?"
Dave swallowed hard.

"Yeah but only because they have more people. Er, trolls, I guess," John made his way around the side of the castle to a door on the ground, "we'll go in through the cellar."

"Me first. I'm going to make sure nothing happens to you," Dave opened the door and leapt trough. As he hit the ground, dust sprayed from underneath his feet, blurring his vision.

"Is it clear?" John whisper-shouted.

"Hold on," Dave drew his sword and swiped the dust away. He did a full 360 and sheathed his sword, "Come on."

John jumped in and nearly fell, but Dave caught him and held him in a dipped position for a second.

"M'lady," he teased.
"Shut up," John stood and wiped dust from his shirt, "which way do we go?"

Dave shrugged, "Let's go," he pointed to the door on the left, "there."

They slowly opened the door and made their way through the following corridor. And corridor after corridor, they found nothing. The castle was currently abandoned- or so it seemed.

"Does anybody even live here anymore?" Dave sighed and let his guard down.

"I thought they did," John sighed, "I guess not, then. How about we-"

He was interrupted by a stick being swung against the back of his head. He dropped to the floor.

"John?!" Dave began to draw his sword but the stick stopped him as well. His vision was extremely blurry as he looked around from the floor.

He could see John being dragged away by the collar, "John?"

The stick hit him in the head again, cutting off his vision. He heard one last thing before he blacked out,
"We got 'em."