The "Date"

I finished my chores as fast as I could and ran out. "I'm going to Craig's house, dad!" I yelled as I walked out. "Ok, don't get into any trouble!" He replied. I grunted.

I ran to Craig's as fast as I could. His mom opened the door. "H-hello Mrs.Tucker" I greeted her. "Oh hello Tweek. Craig is upstairs, I'll go get him." She went inside and a few moments later Craig came to the door and we both walked out together. "Be home before it gets dark sweetie!" His mom called out the door. "Alright mom!" He yelled back.

"So where do you want to go?" I asked. "How about the ruble of soda soap bubbles or whatever it was called?" He suggested. "Ok"

When we got there we climbed to the top and sat on the edge. We looked out over the town. "Man" he started "It's been more than 5 years since we started this whole charade."

"Y-yeah" I replied. "C-Craig?" He looked over at me. "D-do you l-l-like me?" He smiled a little. "If I didn't, don't you think the town would already be depressed." He answered. "No, I mean like-like me."

"What? No, why, do you like me?" I panicked. "No it's just that you've been acting strange lately and I wanted to see if that was why!" I spoke so fast I barely heard myself. "Oh... well I did want to say that it might be time to drop the act."

My heart sank. Why would he want to drop the act? Was it me? Did I do something wrong? "Why?" I squeaked. "People aren't really obsessed with us anymore and we don't need to do this."

Why am I getting so upset? Maybe I do like him? No no no, I'm straight. "I did like hanging out with you so I still wanna be friends but, we don't have to be all romantic and stuff anymore." He jumped down to the ground. "See you tomorrow Tweek." He said as he started walking home.