Part 17

Khushi did her little make-up only applying kohl in her eyes and lipstick to cover her now somewhat swollen lips.

Arnav: It was HP! He said coming back to her.
Arnav: They’re waiting for you for the pooja.

Khushi: Hey Devi Maiyya! I am, late on first day only, what’ll they think of me?

Arnav: Ohh don’t worry, just relax! Let’s go. Khushi nodded and both left the room to join others.

______________________

They joined others who are waiting for them to do the aarti, both couples took the blessings of elders and much to Khushi’s relief Shyam wasn’t present there.

Nani: Khushi bitiya! Come here being elders son and daughter-in-law of the house first Chotte and you have to do the aarti.

Arnav: Nani, you know I don’t believe in this.

Nani: You didn’t believe in marriages also until yesterday. So now at least for Khushi bitiya, help her to complete the rituals.

Arnav looked at Khushi who was waiting for his answer eagerly, he sighed and nodded making her smile.

Anjali: are waah chotte! One look at your wife and you agreed instantly, otherwise how much we have to blackmail you to even enter at temple.

Arnav: Nani just did that Di! Blackmailed me but for a change on the name of my wife. Everyone giggled and Khushi turned red, embarrassed.

First Arnav and Khush did the aarti and then Akash and Payal . Later both daughter-in-laws was asked to cook something sweet for their first rasoi ritual.

_________________________________________________

Khushi and Payal kept all the dishes on dining table with the help of Hari Prakash and served everyone. Khushi made Chocolate Kheer and Payal made Gazar ka halwa as sweets,  and poori-aloo, aloo ka prantha, juices etc with according to individual choices of family and what they prefer. After serving everyone both sat beside Arnav and Akash to have their breakfast also. Whole family praise them for the delicious feast they made and blessed them.

Nani: Now time for gifts for my daughter-in-laws.

Arnav: Gifts? Now why?

Anjali: Chotte if you have ever taken a little interest to know about marriage rituals then you’ll know ! Well brides get gifts for their first rasoi in their in-laws house. Arnav nodded and continued to eat the chocolate Kheer which was made by his Khushi , of course sugar free only for him. Others started gifting to new brides as Khushi and Payal came back after washing their hands.

Nani’s gift (to Khushi): http://trendymods.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/fashion-Vintage-Bridal-Necklace-collection.jpg
(to Payal): http://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5314494/il_fullxfull.335152273.jpg

Manorma & Manohar (to Khushi): http://data.whicdn.com/images/35544161/large.jpg
(to Payal): http://g03.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1s3QGHVXXXXX0XpXXq6xXFXXXJ/Luxury-Wedding-Jewelry-Set-Imitate-Pearl-Crystal-Rhinestone-Drop-Choker-Bid-Necklace-Set-Bridal-Party-Prom.jpg