Part 29 (B)

Fragile hearts 

29 (b) 

As soon as Khushi nodded his eyes turned red in rage and before anyone can understand, Arnav was standing in front of Shyam who looked visibly scared and punched right on his face making everyone gasp and Anjali screamed.

“Chotte…..”

Arnav : “Bas***d! How dare you? How dare you to eye my wife?” he screamed holding Shyam from his collar.

Anjali: “Chotte Stop! Don’t forget he is your jija ji (brother-in-law)” she screamed trying to stop him by holding his hand.

Arnav: “You stay out of it Di. I know what I am doing, I just wish I have got to know it earlier I would have killed this filth long ago.” He answered throwing more punches at Shyam instead of stopping.

Anjali(crying): Please stop Chotte, you’re angry right now and don’t know what you are doing. He is my husband Chotte, please leave him. She cried trying to stop him looking at the blood on Shyam’s face.

Khushi looked at everything stunned, she didn’t know how one-moment Arnav ji was standing close to her, holding her and next moment he is beating Shyam. Her heart felt relief looking at Shyam’s state and Arnav’s trust on her but Anjali’s pleadings pulled her out of her thoughts and she saw how Arnav almost pushed her behind in his rage as he continued to beat Shyam. Looking at crying Anjali, holding her tummy and pleading him to stop she herself ran to stop Arnav.

Khushi: “Arnav ji please ruk jaiye, bas kijiye. (Please stop, it’s enough) at least look at Di.” She spoke holding his hands as she came in front of him. Though he first ignored her but stopped at her soothing touch and turned to look back at Anjali.

Arnav: Di…. Interrupted by Anjali.

Anjali: “Enough! I don’t want to hear anything, you have shown how much you trust and care for me.” She limped towards Shyam hugging him leaving Arnav shocked.

Arnav: Di what are you doing? Didn’t you hear what this bas***d have been doing? 

Anjali: Stop calling him that. Don’t forget he is my husband and yes I heard everything but I believe my husband, I have myself seen the true face of your so called wife.

Akash: But Di, what Payal and Khushi are saying we can’t ignore that either. I really think we should look deep into this matter before coming to any conclusion because just like bhai (brother) said Khushi is not like this and even Payal is saying this.

Anjali: “Wow! Both sisters have my brothers dancing on their fingers. So I don’t think my words will matter anything but let me tell you I wouldn’t bear anyone saying anything wrong about my husband and don’t even think of raising a single finger on him.” She completed looking at Arnav.

Arnav (angrily): I’ll bloody kill him.

Nani: Enough you two! Don’t forget your elders are still alive and I haven’t raised my children with so much love to see them standing against each other.