Part 35

“Then you need to let go of your own messed up mind and talk with her. Let her know that come what may you are beside her. That you are still with her and she don’t need to hurt herself.” The other him explained again.

“You are right! We need to talk. She needs to know that she have me beside her, she don’t need to feel alone. It will take me sometime to make things like before but I don’t hold her responsible for anything. Yes I am disappointed with her lack of trust on me but I am not against her, I just need sometime to set things.” Arnav murmured looking lost and when he looked back at mirror there was no one. He looked around once more and sighed “Things needs to settle down soon before it does more damage and he will start working on them soon.”

Next morning when Khushi woke up she found Arnav all ready in his three piece suit and tying his tie now standing in front of mirror. She looks at the clock and gasped looking at the time 9 am, she instantly sat up straight and was going to step out of the bed when his stern voice made her stop.

“Don’t you dare put your foot down.” Arnav walked closer while saying it, looking at her sternly, his eyes daring her to say a word against it and Khushi gulped.

“I am late Arnav ji Sorry, I’ll first prepare breakfast for you then I’ll take my shower. Just give me few minutes.” She again tried to get up when his hold on her arm stopped her “Didn’t you hear I said not to put your foot down.”

Ab Doorie hai itni Hai
Aankhe mere nam Tujh bin
Rona aaye par aansu Hai kam
Aye khuda maholat de dekh
Kahte Hai hmmm
Hmmm hmmm

Her eyes instantly filled with tears not understanding why he is saying that “Now you won’t even let me do anything for you?” Arnav looked at her in surprise, he just want to hug her at this moment and tell her she is taking it wrong but he can’t though he have decided to solve the issues between them but still he needs time but he will start with few things for sure. Her condition last night have scared him already to maintain his aloofness from her is no more an option but he can’t go back to normal in a blink. So he settled beside her on the bed, now taking her palm between his large palm and looked straight at the poolside.

“I didn’t mean that you know? I just told you that because you’re weak, last night your condition wasn’t good. Please take rest Khushi, don’t think too much for now. I understand whatever happening and the way I am behaving must be hurting you but please understand that after whatever happened I just can’t act so normal like nothing happened just like that.” Khushi looks up at him with teary eyes and he gulped feeling her gaze but still looking ahead “Can we please take it slow? I am not angry with you anymore but my mind is really messed up right now and I seriously don’t want to do and say something in this situation which I regret later.”

After saying what he wanted to say he slowly turns to look at her, his eyes pleading her to understand his situation. She whimpered but nodded through her teary eyes and before he can say another world she hugged him like her life depends on it, sobbing in the crook of his neck. After so many day they have talked without any accusations and anger between them and it’s enough for her, she’ll wait as long as it takes. Slowly Arnav’s hand made his way to her back and he encircled his arms around her which tightened on their own accord and he buried his face in the crook of her neck.

Rona hai mujho ab to rone do
Khoya hai sab kuch isko bhi khone do
Ruk rahi hai yeh sansein inhe rukne do
Hmmmmm
Hmmm hmmm-