Chapter Three: "Meet the Gang"

I walked inside the ginormous cafeteria, where loud noises of other student's conversations echoed against the walls. I occasionally looked back to see if Kairos was there, because with those little legs of his, he could barely catch up. I was glad that he was getting better and recovering from what happened earlier that morning.

     The table that my friends and I sat were way in the back, isolated into the corner of the whole room. Nobody really payed attention to us, except for Jackson. He's the popular guy at school, but he always chooses to stay with us. But there they sat, either laughing over idiotic and cheesy puns or the embarrassment of one another. Sometimes, it could be both.

     We've all been friends since 5th grade, same school, most of us in the same class. We didn't become friends with Jackson and Delilah 'til about a year later. I never regretted meeting them at all, 'cause like I said. We're one big, happy family. But we became very close, and some of us began dating, like Roah and Jizach.

     All of us are pretty open to each other and look to one another when we have a problem or when something dramatic happens. We sometimes confess our deepest secrets too, but that's whenever we make a stupid "friendship circle". There's one secret no one knows about myself though. The fact that I'm homosexual may have changed your perspective, hasn't it? Maybe not so much, maybe because of the way I've acted around Kairos lately. He makes me feel emotions I haven't felt before, and he just, makes me smile in a way I never had to anyone before. I didn't really know why.

     Kairos and I eventually got to the tables after getting our tray of disgusting, greasy, and soggy food from the cafeteria. Since Kairos was a new student, I had to pay for his lunch. I didn't mind at all though, he was one of us now after all.

     "Hey~ Ching Chong~" JC giggled in his usual, hoe-riffic way. He motioned the others who sat at the table to scoot over so that Kairos and I could fit in too.

     I rolled my eyes at him as I slide down to the open space they made for us, "Stop calling me that."

     He sighed, "You always take everything so seriously."

     But he was right. I kinda did take everything too seriously. But in this case, I had my rights.

     Noah was sitting beside Ronald. Typical boyfriends, I thought. Noah had his arm around Ronald, and he gave him quick pecks on the cheek every once and a while that made Ronald laugh. I always felt jealous by just looking at them. Yeah, of course I was happy for the both of them, it's just been very awkward to me since I'm currently single.

     As Kairos sat down quietly beside me, he kinda just hid behind me. He looked like a very shy puppy, which I found so adorable.

     "Hey, Justin. Who's he?" Izach asked, glancing over at Kairos who was struggling to hide behind my back. I guess he didn't want attention, huh?

     "He's the new kid that Stephanie annoyed this morning in first period. His name is Kairos," Jackson happened to answer for me, so at least I didn't have to waste my useless voice.

     Delilah groaned, taking off her snapback and fixing her hair before putting it back on top of her head. "Stephanie is such a mean person, I can't believe people actually like her. I'm surprised she hasn't been kicked off the cheerleading team. I mean- just look at her table."

     She pointed over to Stephanie's table, which was crowded with girls who wanted to be friends with her, and guys who wanted to get her number. We all took a quick glance at them before looking at each other and sighing in agreement.

     "But yeah, Kairos." Jackson looked over at Kairos.

     Kairos looked up at him, waiting for what he was going to say.