Chapter 1

"Ahhh!" I screamed as if I had awoke Panem. Mother was by my side as tiers trickled down my red cheek. "I was in the hunger games my name was drawn!" I cried.

"Prim it's okay." Mother said in her hushed voice. As she dried my eyes with the rim of her torn dress she said "It's your first year you name is in there once."

After my crying mother went to go get the goat cheese from my goat Lady while I fetch a bowl of water for my cat Buttercup when someone knocked on the door. It was Gale.

Gale is like a brother to me. He lives with his mother and three brothers Rory,Vick, and Posy Hawthorne.

He hunts for both of our families I wish he had someone to help him hunt. I've gone hunting with him before but I'm not very good or I don't want to kill innocent animals.

Anyways he comes in and sets a loaf of fresh warm bread and berries on the table to go with the goat cheese. Then he picks me up off the ground and spins me in the air and sets me back down. Mother tells him thank you while I cut him a wedge of goat cheese so he can take to his family. He says thank you and before he leaves he says good luck. Mother tells me to go get a bath and get dressed. When I'm dressed mother braids my hair into two braids and goes into her room and comes out with something in her hand. As she pined it to my shirt she said "This was going to be Katniss's before we realized she was a miscarriage . Your father made it for her. He told me to give it to you when it was your first year."

"It's the mockingjay protector of the forest." I say with a grin.

We have a few minuets till the reaping so I go in my room and pet Buttercups matted fur. Oh, how I miss my father he died in a coal mine explosion. I miss when we went to the hidden lake in the forest. I miss when the mockingjays would fall silent when they heard fathers whistling. I miss my mothers smile oh that beautiful I haven't seen in such a long time.

As we walk through the crowds of children and adults I can see the justice building with two glass balls full of names.

Mother goes stands with the worrying parents while I stand with the children.

Mayor Undersee walks up to the mike "Welcome to the annual reaping of one male and female tribute to take place in the 74th hunger games." He takes a seat. Effie Trinket sashays to the mike " Well isn't district 12 a beaut." She says sarcastically. She walks over to a glass ball and says " Ladies first!" She carefully draws a name and walks up to the mike and clearly says

" PRIMROSE EVERDEEN!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey this is my first book

And I will be making more

Chapters soon as I can

Btw left you on a cliff hanger