Chapter7

Sorry it's been so long since I've updated and I also wanna say I'm sorry the beginning of the book is so long.

🌸💐🌷🍀🌹🌻🌻🌻🌱🍄🌼🌰

I wake up to a tapping sound and turn my head to the noise.

Up in the tree right next to mine Rue has a knife and she's sawing a branch. "What are you doing?!" I whisper. she points up at the branch and hanging there is a big wasps looking nest.

"There tracker jackers." Rue whispers back.

I read about tracker jackers in my textbook at school, their stings cause hallucinations and sometimes death.

She finishes sawing the branch and it falls right on the careers.

"AHHH!!!!AHHHAAHH!!!AAHHH!!!" and more screams after that I looked down and see they all have fled except Glimmer wasn't so lucky.

Me and Rue climbed down and walked towards her purple and puffy body.

I grab her bow and arrows, I may not be good with it, but at least it gives me a weapon, and others can't get it.

Me and Rue leave before the careers come back.

"Sorry if I woke you up." says Rue with a grin.

"Not at all, by any chance do you have any water?" I ask.

"Oh. yeah." she pulls out a canteen.

She hands it to me and I take a couple of sips.

"Thanks, where'd you find it?" I ask.

"I found a pond inside of my cave."

We walk for 30 min. then I pull out my crackers, "Want one?"

Rue takes a cracker and quickly stuffs it in her mouth.

"Over here is my cave its perfect because no one else is as small as us that they can't get into the hole." she says.

She enters the cave and I follow her.

Inside theres bows, arrows, all different kinds of knives, spears, ropes, berries, bread, and even a little pond at the back.

I stare with my mouth open,"Where did you get all of this?!"

"After the careers left the cornucopia I went there and took as much as I could carry in 2 bags, and I picked the berries." she tells me.

She walks over to the pile of stuff and pulls out a sleeping bag,"Here you go, mines over there."

"Thanks." and I lay it out.

We sit on our sleeping bags and finish off the crackers and drink some water.

"You came from district 12 right? Tell me about your life there." she says.

"We'll my mom told me my sister Katniss was a miscarriage and my father died in a mine explosion. I live with my mother and cat, Buttercup, and I make cheese and goat milk to sell from my goat. And my district partner,Gale, he's like a brother to me so is his brothers. And well thats pretty much it." I sigh.

"Oh... Prim I'm sorry." Is all she says.

i change the subject," So whats your life like?" i ask.

"I have 3 siblings and my mother is very ill. Me and my dad work in the fields to raise money an-" she pauses.

"That's a mockingjay." she says staring at my pin.

"Yeah, My dad made this pin for my sister but when she died he left it for me." I tell her.

"Me and my dad whistle at the end of harvesting the fields everyday to let everyone know its quitting time. And the mockingjay whistle with us." she says.

I get into my sleeping bag and tell Rue good night.

I bite my lip so I don't cry and slowly drift off to sleep.

💐🌸🌷🍀🌹🌻🌺🍁🍃🍂🌿🌾

Once again sorry for not updating