Chapter5

"What?" I ask confused.

"Please come down to breakfast." Effie said.

Wait, today is the Hunger games? It can't be, I must be dreaming. I need to wake up with mother by my side telling me to calm down.

I reluctantly get out of bed and put on shorts and shirt and trudge down to breakfast.

I sit by Gale and eat my oatmeal and fruit quietly, we all do.

After breakfast Gale told me and Haymitch to go and sit in the living room.

"What is this about?" Haymitch asks.

"You haven't gave us any advice. We kinda need that to survive. So what are we going to do?" Gale asks.

We stare and Haymitch and wait for a response, "Stay alive." then he laughs.

I turn my head to Gale and he looked liked he might have his own Hunger games.

Gale got up and stormed back to his room with a slam of his door.

I look at Haymitch and frown at him.

"Ok you want some advice I will give you some advice. When the sound goes off don't go to the cornucopia, that's just a blood bath, a way to get killed. Go away from that clearing and your first priority is find a source of water. After that find shelter I suggest a high place like a tree, most people can't climb so that's an advantage for people who can. Oh and don't build a fire at night then 'they' will find you." he emphasizes on they.

"Thanks that will be good." I say trying to implant that in my brain.

I get up and Haymitch told me, "Why don't you tell your temper friend too. Good luck."

I guess that was the last time I will see him.

I go and talk to Gale one last time.

I walk in not even bothering to knock, he is sitting on his bed rubbing his forehead.

I sit next to him.

"Gale are you alright?" I ask.

He stops rubbing his head and looks at me, "Yeah, well...no."

"What is it?" I ask.

"I just need to protect you, and I am frustrated with Hamyitch because he never tells us anything and-" I cut him off.

"Well he told me some things." I say.

Then I tell him everything Haymitch told me. He grins and kinda laughs.

"Gale you don't have to protect me because by the time you get to me I will be dead." I say with tears about to flow.

He puts an arm around me and says, "Prim don't say that, I will be there."

Effie comes in and says, "Alright children time to leave."

Then I panic and start screaming and crying like when I was saying bye to mother.

I hold onto Gale and scream "NO,NO,NO!!" I cry into Gales shirt.

Gale is hugging me tight like he will never let go.

Then I feel some peace keepers rip me off of him and carry me away as I see Gale trying to get me back through the peacekeepers I shout, "GALE DON'T LEAVE ME!!"

Then I fall into sleep

🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲🔲

When I awake, I am in this little empty room, I look on a table and I put on the clothes that are laid out for me, pants and a tee-shirt.

As I'm lacing up my boots Cinna walks in the little launch room.

"You went wild and they had to put you to sleep till we got here."

He braids my hair in two and helps me put on my jacket.

He then pins my mockingjay pin to my shirt.

"Prim have hope." he said and gives me a kiss on the forehead and we hug.

"Enter launching tube." a voice said.

I tremble as I step in the tube and Cinna points to his chest, he is talking about my pin.

Then the tube starts rising up, my heart is beating a mile a minute.

When I come up I am blinded by the bright sun.

As my vision comes, the air is thick and musty.

I look around for Gale and he is 6 down from my right.

I look at him and he nods.

"Welcome to the 74th annual HUNGER GAMES!" A voice says.

Then it starts counting down.

60,59,58,57,56,55,54,53,52,51...

I find Clove she is 9 from my left, 38,37,36,35,34,33... then 5 to my right by Gale is Rue.

13,12,10,9,8,7,6... oh no, this can't be happening... 3,2,1

🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱🔱

Lets see what shall happen