Chapter6

I took off after the countdown. I looked to my left and right sides of me, and most of the other tributes were just getting off of there plates.

Instead of risking my life going to the cornucopia I found a backpack out to the side.

I quickly slid the backpack over my shoulder and ran towards the forest out of the clearing.

I stopped behind a tree, on the edge were the forest divides from the clearing, I saw a few bodies lying in a pool of blood.

Then the last thing I saw ,before i ran off, was Cato slash another tributes head off.

As I was running, tears started to spew.

After a few minutes my eyes weren't blurry from tears and I decided to search through my pack.

Lets see, rope, sunglasses, pack of crackers, iodine, canteen, dried fruit, blanket, and 6 throwing knives.

I remembered the thing Haymitch had said.

1."stay away from the cornucopia"

Well I clearly didn't do that so next thing.

2."find a source of water."

Ok now where am I going to find water?

I don't know what I am doing but I just start wondering around in search of water or something.

I have been walking for about 2 hours and the sun seems to get hotter every second.

I take out the sunglasses and put them on, I look through the lends and slap the glasses off.

I closed my eyes and rubbed them with my fingers, I heard the glasses land on the ground.

Well those didn't work.

I decide to sit for a couple of minutes and think.

I close my eyes then something pops into my head.

Where's Gale?! Wheres Rue?!

Are they hurt, still alive, close by?!

Don't worry Prim, I tell my self. Gale is strong and Rue is very quick and smart.

I get up and walk for another 2 hours and its starting to get dark.

I find a tree to get in like Haymitch had said.

I finally find one and start climbing, I'm slow but I'm sure to catch on.

After climbing up 30 branches I'm at least 25 feet in the air.

I lay on the branch and put the blanket around me and tie the rope around me, so I don't fall off.

I clutch on to the backpack and stare into the darkness.

Then I hear music, the Capitol anthem, then images of tributes and their district number followed by a cannon.

Boys from 4,5,and 8.

Girls from 3 and 10, and both from 6,7, and 9.

They must have died from the bloodbath.

That means there is only 13 of us left.

After the anthem the sky goes dark and I drift off to sleep.

Sniff, Sniff

I wake to the smell of smoke, and I have probably been asleep for a couple of hours.

Out of the corner of my eye I see light. I turn my head to the direction of light.

I see a girl from 4 sitting by a camp fire.

"What is she doing?" I thought in my head.

Then I hear crunching sounds.

I turn back to the girl and behind her is the careers.

I didn't want to see what was about to happen next, I heard a scream and cannon then laughs.

I kept an eye on them and soon they were under the tree I was in.

I didn't want to make any movement or sounds so I held my breath and closed my eyes.

"Lets camp here for the night." said a deep voice.

"But we must promise not to kill each other in our sleep." said a girly voice, which I assume it was Glimmer.

Soon they each fell asleep and so did I.

🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚🌚

Sorry it's been awhile to update so ill try to more often.

I hope u like my other books.

And GIVE ME SOME OPINIONS OF MY BOOK