Chapter 2

All the kids around me turned there heads in my direction. For a second I was thinking about my father until I realized it was me.

"PRIMROSE?" Effie said.

I slowly walked down the rows of children staring at me.

I could hear my mother sobbing from the parents section.

One foot at a time up the steps and stood in front of district 12.

"Now for the boys." Effie said impatiently. She drew the name and walked back to the mic.

"GALE HAWTHORNE!"

No it can't be. I must be dreaming.

I wanted to cry ,and hope it's someone else.

He walked up to the stage with a straight face.

"Come on you two."Effie squeaked.

I wanted to smack that smirk right off of her pink face.

We walked into the Justice building and I entered a room then the doors shut behind me.

I took a seat on the nice leather chair and looked around.

I've been in the justice building but that was when I came to collect some money and a medal from when my father died.

The door flew open and mother rushed in with tears running down her eyes.

I didn't resist her hugs.

We didn't say much other than weeps if that counts.

Then I blurted out "Who will take care of you? Without Gale there won't be enough food. And what if I don't come back you will be alone?"

"Prim don't say such a thing. I will be fine." mother said in her hushed voice.

Then out of no where the tears I have been holding back all came.

"No Prim don't cry. You will be with Gale he will protect you."

The peacekeepers burst the door open coming to get mother.

"NO NO NO!!!" I yelled.

" Prim," she gave me one last kiss on my cheek ,"have hope."

The doors shut and the room was quiet.

"HOPE"

Effie,Haymitch,Gale and I hop on to the train.

"Gale your cart is to the left and Primrose your cart is to the right.

Now go get ready for supper."Effie said.

Haymitch staggered to his cart.

As I was walking to mine I notice Gale hasn't said anything like "don't worry" or "everything is going to be okay".

I walk into my room and see the bed is covered in nice silk.

I find the bathroom and strip down and take down my two Braids then step into the shower.

There was a pad that you type in what kind of soap,shampoo,body wash, ect.

After I got out of the shower I walked back into the room and looked for some clothes.

I found a huge closet that has all different types of clothes.

I put on a light blue tee shirt ,my favorite color, with some blue jeans and a pair of flats then I walk out of my room and headed for the dining cart.

Effie is sitting across from Gale so I just take a seat next to Gale.

Right when I sit down food is served.

Long noodles with meat balls on top with a side of parmesan cheese.

And a bowl of salad with carrots ,tomatoes ,cucumber ,and some cheese.

I dig into the salad and finish it almost immediately then I start eating the noodles and meatballs.

We were almost done eating when Gale broke the ice.

"So where is Haymitch ?"

"Well he's either drunk or asleep," Effie says ,"Well you two better get to sleep."

Me and Gale walked back to our carts.

"So how do you like this train? Pretty neat eh."

"Um I guess so." I said thinking about mother.

I shut my cart door and then there is a knock on my door.

"Goodnight." Gale tells me and then shuts it back.

When I wake up I redo my two braids and put on the same clothes as last night.

I then try to find my dress I wore to the reaping. I can't find it.

I looked on the nightstand and there it is my mocking jay pin. I forgot all about it. I quickly put it on.

Effie and Gale were sitting in there usual seat so was I.

For breakfast was waffles coated in butter and drizzled with syrup, scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, with orange juice.

Once we were done eating that yummy goodness Effie said she was going to ask the conductor when were going to be at the Capitol.

Haymitch staggered in with his bottle of wine and sickening smell.

"So wheres that pink poodle?"

He was talking about Effie.

Suddenly Hatmitch threw up in the middle of the room and he said "Wheres the glass of wine when you need it?" Then fell in his own vomit.

Ew. He is completely drunk.

Gale and I just sit there trying not to vomit our selfs.

One of the maids comes in and lifts Haymitch up and takes him back to his cart.

Then all of a sudden we hear what sounds like people cheering.

I look out the window and see people dressed in funky getups and crazy makeup cheering.

I start to wave at the crowds of crazy people, then I turn around and Gale is just sitting there with a stubborn look.

As I was waving and smiling Effie came through the door and said

"We're here!"

Then my smiling faded away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok this is my second chapter

I want you to comment on what you think is going to happen

Who knows I just might add it to the book😉