Chapter 1.3

Moments later, Alec pulled himself off of the floor of the school. He could hear a ringing sound in his ears. Alec lifted his head off of the hallway floor, wondering what happened.

Vanessa lifted her head up from the locker, she violently slammed her back into. She placed her hand up to her head. Vanessa looked around the dusty school hallway.

She watched a teacher helped one of her students up to his feet. Vanessa wondered if the boy was Alec. She saw his face and instantly knew that he was not her best friend.

Vanessa sighed as she glanced down the school hallway. She lifted her head up as Alec stood up to his feet. Vanessa felt like a weight was lifted off of her when she saw Alec standing in the hallway.

Alec mumbled, "Vanessa?"

He let out a cough as the dust continued to settle in the hallway. Alec placed his hand up to the cut on his forehead. He could feel his blood on the tips of his fingers.

Vanessa pulled herself up to her feet. She used the dented locker door behind her to get up. Vanessa took a step forward, causing a sharp pain to rush up her back.

She leaned her head forward. Vanessa could hear a cracking sound come from down the hallway. She knew that the sound was from the school.

Vanessa looked at the dent behind her. She let out a sigh. She realized her back caused the dent in the locker. Vanessa reached her hand toward Alec's shoulder.

She asked him, "Are you alright?"

Vanessa saw the cut on Alec's forehead. She looked down at him to see if he's wounded anywhere else. Alec whipped his hand onto the pant leg of his jeans.

He smiled at her, "I think so."

Vanessa grabbed hold to Alec's hand, "Ok. Let's get out of here."

A student let out a scream from further down the hallway. Vanessa heard the rumbling sound echoing down the hallway. She stared down the hallway as fear shook her body.

Alec tugged onto Vanessa's hand to make her move. He took a step toward the end of the hallway.

Vanessa let out a sigh as she walked with him. She wanted to run back toward the hallway. She wanted to help the people in the school. She wanted to be a hero, but the school might come crumbling down. Vanessa wanted out of the school. She followed Alec toward an emergency exists at the end of the school hallway.

Alec stood on the top of the emergency exit of the school. He could feel Vanessa gripping onto his hand tightly. Alec wondered if they should had stayed in the school. He looked in the direction of the street in front of him. Alec heard footstep of the people running down the street.

Vanessa took a step forward toward the street. She rushed down the staircase as Alec followed behind him. He felt like he should had gone back.

Alec took a deep breath. He felt Vanessa beginning to move faster down the staircase. She tugged on his arm. She ran down the street with her hand clenched onto his. Alec could hear cars coasting on the street as he ran passed them. He wondered if the owners of the car made it to the bunker.

Vanessa kept a grip on Alec's hand. She ran toward the two police officers who were standing in front of the bunker doors. The officers waved for people to come toward them. Alec and Vanessa ran with a couple of students from their school. They headed down the street as more people joined them.

Alec stopped running down the street as a man bumped into him. He let go of Vanessa's hand with one quick jolt. He heard a crackling sound coming from behind him. Alec wanted to know what was happening. People rushed by him bumping him around. He stood in the middle of the street. The crowd of people ran past him toward the door of the bunkers.

Vanessa reached the door of the bunker. She studied her hand for a moment. Fear washed over her face. She realized Alec let go of her hand. She glanced over her shoulder. Vanessa realized Alec was no longer behind her. She stared down the street to see Alec. She saw him standing in the middle of the street.

She yelled, "Alec!"

Alec glanced around as he heard a female voice yelling out his name. He had a feeling that it was Vanessa. Alec turned around toward his friend's voice. She stared at him as she watched the police officers began to close the bunker doors.

Vanessa yelled again, "Alec, run!"

Alec turned around as he heard a crackling sound get closer. He began to run toward the door of the bunkers. He could hear one of the police officers trying to cheer him on.

Vanessa gasped as she saw the building tilting toward her friend. She began to yell as loud as her lungs could let her. She yelled the same thing over and over again, like an alarm clock playing the same tone to woke you up. Vanessa watched the top of the building reached her friend.

Alec felt the building crashing into the pavement behind him. He felt the pavement beginning to crack below him. He tried to run faster as the building slammed over his body. He fell down onto the pavement head first.

One of the police officers lowered her head. She closed the door as Vanessa fall down to her knees. She held her hands up to her mouth.

Vanessa screamed, "Alec!"

Alec heard Vanessa's scream echo down the street. He tried to move from the building that landed on him. He could feel a pain going down his back. He knew that he was stuck under the building.