Chapter 1.5

Steven and Alec walked into the living room. Steven held the basketball under his arm. Alec held his hand onto his uncle's shoulder. He followed beside Steven as he headed toward the sofa.

Forty-three-year-old, Ted sat on the sofa in the living room. He had short blonde hair and light hazel eyes. He was wearing a dark blue dress shirt with a light blue shirt underneath. Ted had on a pair of running shoes with light blue jeans. He held a tablet in his hands. He held a look of disappointment on his face.

He asked Steven, "So, how was your game?"

Alec shrugged his shoulder, "I'm just as good as before."

He took the basketball out of Steven's hands. Steven proudly smiled at Alec. He watched Alec twirl the basketball onto his index finger. Steven nodded his head to agreed with Alec.

Steven told Alec, "Your being too modest."

He placed his hand on Alec's shoulder, "You're even better than before."

Ted placed his tablet down onto the glass top of the coffee table in front of him. The glass top of the coffee table flickered on like a computer screen. The words 'transferring files' appeared on the coffee table next to the tablet. Steven glanced down at the coffee table.

Steven asked Ted, "What's that?"

Ted sighed, "Just work."

He looked down at the screen, "There's this board meeting happening tomorrow."

Alec shrugged his shoulders, "Stanley Industry's?"

Steven cleared his throat to warn Ted to not said anything else. Steven sat down in the chair next to the sofa. He looked down at the coffee table. Alec noticed Steven's attempt to protect him.

He told his uncles, "It's alright, you can talk about The Empire."

Ted glanced over at Steven with a concerned look on his face. He waited for Steven to gave him an approving look. Steven tilted his head back.

He reminded Alec, "I guess you forgot, but Ted's maiden name is Stanley, and he owns a portion of his families company."

Alec placed his hand on the back of his neck. He laughed nervously as he wondered if Ted could realize that he forgot. He placed his hand down to his side.

He told Ted, "Sorry, I thought that you guys might have made up a code word or something."

Ted shook his head with a guilty look on his face. He glanced down at the tablet on the coffee table in front of him. Ted looked up at Alec with a smile on his face.

He told Alec, "Nope, Stanley's my maiden name."

Ted smirked up at Steven, "But I inherited my parent's company after they passed away."

Alec placed his hand into his pockets, "Well, I'm all sweaty and gross. So, I'm gonna go take a shower."

Steven smiled over at Alec, "Alright."

He watched Alec leave the living room. He walked toward the archway to the main entrance of the mansion. Steven remembered the emotionless look that covered Alec's face. He wondered if Alec was thinking about his parents again.

Ted grabbed hold to his tablet from the coffee table. The screen on the coffee table flickered off. Ted glanced up at Steven as he noticed the concerned look on his husband's face.

He told Steven, "You have to see this."

Ted leaned forward toward the coffee table. He placed the tablet down onto the sofa next to him. Ted slid his fingers across the top of the coffee table in front of him.

Steven leaned forward in his chair. He glanced down at the screen on the coffee table. He noticed the website's logo. The large G that circles around a globe was stained into Steven's head. He spots the news article on the website. Steven placed his hand up to his chin. He thought about the headline of the article.

Steven muttered the headline to himself, "The Boy on Top?"

He questioned the world's her muttered from his lips. Steven slid his fingers up the side of the screen. He scrolled down through the side of the page to read the article.

Ted told him, "Somehow, the Gibson found out that Alec woke up a few days ago."

Steven placed his hands down onto the screen. He wondered how Alec would feel about the press knowing about him being awoken. Steven thought that Alec would be fine with them finding out.

He muttered to himself, "Great."

Steven glanced up at Ted, "I was looking forward to keeping Alec her for the weekend."

Ted reminded Steven, "Well, Anika is his legal guardian."

He leaned back into the sofa, "You could ask her if he can stay. And maybe you could mention, your future plans for the vacation home, in Piro City."

Steven shrugged his shoulders, "I guess, but Anika will say no."

Ted agreed with Steven. He nodded his head slightly. A smile grew across his face. He stared into his husband's eyes.

Steven said, "Her building does have better security, than this place."

He leaned back into his chair. Steven placed his hands onto the armrest of the chair. He looked down at the screen on the coffee table. He thought about being apart from his nephew. He wants to keep him safe from the past.

Ted stood up from the sofa. He nodded his head to tell Steven that he understood what he was saying. Ted began to walk toward the back door of the mansion. He stopped in front of the back door. He glanced over his shoulder at Steven. Ted sighed at the puzzle look that Steven held on his face.

Steven stared down at the coffee table. Ted smirked as he realized that Steven was worried about Alec. He headed out of the back door in the living room. The living room door closed as Steven glanced over his shoulder at the back door.