TWO | Long Lost

You went to Haly's Circus every year. The entertainers and actors never ceased to impress you. You always went alone because your dad couldn't care less of what you do and he was always drunk and used you as a punch bag when he was provoked.

You decided to see Mr. Cicero, the blind fortune teller.

"Ah, Y/N," he said in his usual raspy old voice. "Happy to see you again this year."

"I'd never miss it for anything," you replied.

"What would you like to know, miss?"

You thought of many, many questions. One though, grabbed your attention.

"What happened to my mother?" You looked into his colorless eyes. "I-I don't trust my father's answer."

"What did your father tell you?" He returned.

"He said my mother died in a fire," You informed Mr. Cicero.

"Let me see your hand," Mr. Cicero commanded, though you found the statement ironic (because he's blind).

You held out your hand for him to grab.

"Now..."he said."close your eyes."

You closed your eyes. You waited and waited when he suddenly let go.

"Mr. Cicero, what did you see?" You asked eagerly.

He sat back in his chair. His expression went from poker face to utterly surprised and slightly terrified.

"Your mother," he started. " is the snake charmer."

You left the blind fortune teller's tent to find Lyla, the snake charmer. You found yourself at the trailer which she lived in. You knocked on the door with your cold hand. The door opened with a creak. You look up to notice a cute ginger staring down at you.

"Uh...is Lyla around?" You looked into his dark blue eyes.

"No, why?" He inquired.

"I- there's something I need to talk to her about."

You shivered as the cold winter breeze blew at you, as if trying to knock you down.

"It's cold, come inside," he ushered you into the trailer.

You sat on the small couch situated by the small window as he put a blanket around your frigid shoulders.

"Now, tell me. What do you need her for?" The boy asked in a sweet voice, though there was something sinister laced in his words.

"Mr. Cicero told me something."

Your eyes welled with tears, many emotions swarmed into your mind. Your father lied to you, and your mother could be alive.

"Hey, come here," he opened his arms and you rested your head on his shoulder. "It's okay. You're okay."

You snuggled up into his arms and slowly drifted to sleep...

"JEROME!" An angry voice from the outside screamed, causing you and the boy, Jerome, to jump.

"Yes mother?" He said.

"OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW OR I'LL COME IN THERE AND RIP YOUR TONGUE OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!" The person, now obviously distinguished as a woman screamed while pounding on the door.

Jerome quickly opened the door. The woman punched Jerome in the face, making him fall back.

"Stop...STOP!" You yelled before the lady was about to bash a toaster on Jerome's head.

The two looked at you, both with surprised, one with a grateful face and one with rage.

"You're Lyla, right?" You asked.

"Whaddaya want, kid?" She responded rudely.

"Do you know who Fred L/N is?"

"No way...you-you're- you're my...-"

"Your what?" You wanted her to spit it out.

"Y/N," Lyla took a step towards you.

Jerome, on the other hand, looked scared, startled, terrified even. His mouth was gaping open and his eyes held fear but bewilderment.

"W-what's going on?" Jerome asked.

"Jerome, meet your half-sister Y/N Valeska."