FIVE | Helpless

It was a normal rainy night in Gotham. Somewhere in the city, someone was, no doubt about it, getting robbed. Anything could happen in Gotham, good or bad. You were experiencing the bad in your life. You had escaped the apartment of your abusive boyfriend. He passed out after drinking for too many beers which was enough for him not to notice you got out.

You walked down the wet sidewalk while getting drenched, your clothes clinging to your skin and the water making you feel a lot colder. You found yourself looking around for places to stay. You lived at your boyfriend's apartment and you didn't want to go back because you knew what he could, would do to you. You noticed a dark alleyway only lit up by a single streetlight. Just then, two men approached you from behind.

You turned around and faced them. They had sickening smiles and made you very uncomfortable. They started walking towards you and you started backing up.

"Look what we got here," one said as he was walking towards you. You recognized   them as the inmates that escaped Arkham Asylum and that caused you to fear them even more.

"Please don't hurt me," you whimpered.

The buff one with wild hair and a small beard started walking faster and you did too. The other one, you knew his name which was Dobkins was walking slower. Before you knew it, you realized there was nowhere else to go. You felt the moist brick wall against your back. The buff man laughed darkly.

"Looks like you got nowhere to run."

He put a white cloth over your mouth and you started screaming but they were muffled, and soon you had slipped out of consciousness.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
You woke up and you found yourself tied to a chair. You attempted to scream but realized there was tape stuck to your mouth. Tears started flooding your vision and they strolled down your cheeks. You thought you might die in here at the hands of the psychos. As you struggled in the chair, the tight ropes tied around your hands started scratching your wrists.

Moments passed when you saw the buff man emerge from the doorway of the dark room your were in.

"Ah, you're awake," he said.

You looked at him with tears in your eyes. You couldn't say anything or do anything. You were helpless.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Greenwood and you will be my...my slave," He growled.

He stroked your face with the back of his rough dirty hands. Your tears rolled down your face faster. Greenwood was about to start doing things to you when you saw the door open. A man with flaming red hair and blue-green eyes appeared in the doorway. You looked at him with pleading eyes. He looked to be 18 years old, and believe or not, you were too.

"Jerome! You've come just in time for the fun part!" Greenwood announced.

"What are you doing?" Jerome practically yelled.

"Well I was looking for some girls to prey on and I found one!" Greenwood said enthusiastically.

Because you were abused and harassed, you thought you knew how this was gonna end.

"What's it to you, Jerome?" Greenwood snarled.

Out of nowhere, Jerome balled his hand into a fist. His fist collided with Greenwood's face. Greenwood fell to the ground. Jerome continuously punched Greenwood until he was unconscious.

Jerome came over to you and you immediately thought he beat up Greenwood just to continue what Greenwood was going to start. With this came even more tears. Jerome pulled out a pocket knife. This is the end, you kept thinking. You always thought it would've your boyfriend who would one day kill you. Jerome walked behind you and used the knife to cut the ropes off your hands.

You took the duct tape off your mouth. He scanned your body and noticed the bruises all over your body.

"Who did this to you?" He asked in a serious tone.

"Why would it matter? He's just gonna find me again," you said solemnly.

"If Greenwood hurt you--"

"He didn't, okay?" You interrupted. "My boyfriend did."

There was a silence between you two.

"Allow me to properly introduce myself. I'm Jerome," he introduced randomly . "You are...?"

"Y/N," she

Jerome stood up. "What if I offered you a deal?"

"What kind of deal?"

"I could protect you from your boyfriend. But...you would have to be mine."

"Mine?" You questioned.

"Yep," he said casually.

"Why me?"

"Must you ask so many questions?" He looked over at you.

"You won't...hurt me, right?" You asked insecurely.

"Of course not, gorgeous. That's what protecting is about."

It seems like suddenly his personality changed. More cheery.

"Okay," you blatantly said.

"Okay..." Jerome said waiting for you to finish your sentence.

"I accept your offer," you replied.

He laughed cheerfully." Haho, goodie!"

He wrapped his arm around your waist and led you out of the room with a knocked out Greenwood and some chair and rope.

You could only hope your decision was for the best now.
----------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the crappy Imagine. It was made really quickly but I hope you guys enjoyed. (I know it sucks and I'm cringing at it). The character in this Imagine reminds me of a character from a book that I'm reading. Also, it may not seem too big of a deal but thank you for 300 reads!  It means a lot to this small time author. Anyway I hope you enjoy the rest of your day or night!!✌🏼peace in