NINE | A Jeremiah Imagine

The city streets were barren. No soul in sight. No one except you. You wandered through the streets, alone. You'd been alone for a while. Ever since Jerome died, you distanced yourself from the little bit of friends you had left in your life. Your family had been killed by the savages. The disciples of Jeremiah. All you could do was watch seeing as you were tied to a chair, Ecco maniacally laughing in your ear as Jeremiah slaughtered your parents and siblings like lamb. You never understood why. Why did he take the life of your family? They never wronged him. You supposed that's what was bound to happen when you moved to the Dark Zone.

You kicked the dirt on the streets, passing some psyched-out maniac cowered over by stairs leading to a townhouse. You laughed to yourself. When did it all fall apart?

"Darlin'," A voice called out from the shadows. You stopped dead in your tracks, your hand creeping towards the blade you kept in your back pocket.

You began walking again, your pace picked up. You weren't in the mood to deal with anyone tonight. Your knife was now fully in your hand, ready to slice the neck or penetrate the skin of anyone who dared to bother you in the dead of the night.

Something, someone, shuffled in the shadows.

"Who's there?" You said, slightly more fearlessly than what you were feeling.

You knew better than to be out this late but you were prepared for whoever threw themselves at you.

A pair of strong arms grabbed you. You threw yourself about trying to wiggle free of their grasp. You realized your pocket knife was in your hand and you lunged it into wherever your hand had landed.

The unknown figure grunted, bending over to clutch his leg. You ran from him to a safe distance but stopped and turned to see the damage you'd done. He cackled as he slowly stood up.

"Oh, you...you shouldn't have done that. It's all fun and games," He started advancing.

You stumble back before breaking out into a full-blown sprint. Sure, you have nothing to live for in this city but you surely weren't about to be killed by some psychopath who needed to fulfill their blood lust.

You ducked into an alleyway, stopping and frantically looking around. A dumpster seemed to be the only viable place to hide. You opened the lid and a most horrible stench had your eyes watering. You saw the source of the stench and one hand went to your mouth in horror. A woman's mangled and dead corpse lay in the bottom of the dump.

"GOTCHA!" A hand wrapped around your throat, pinning you to a wall.

You noticed the face of your hunter and your blood boiled with anger, sadness, remembrance. A maniacal smile was plastered on his face as his hand clutched our jugular. He wasn't cutting off air but he could if he wanted.

"Now...now....what'd I tell ya? Hmm? You can't run from me," he said, darkly laughing.

Your face showed the anger you felt, a tear of frustration running down your face as you fumed.

"Hmm...I remember you, don't I?" He looked at your face intensely as though trying to uncover your every emotion. As if his stare would dissect your whole life.

"Ahh, I do remember you..." He pulled out a blade, your blade. His pant leg was covered in a line of blood from where you stabbed him.

With his free hand, he held it in between the two of you.

He touched the tip of the blade to your nose and pulled it away. He smiled.

"This is going to be very fun."

_________________________________________
Man am I bad at updates. This is something I found unfinished and decided to finish it. I've been hecka busy, if you read that other thing which I doubt you do. It's all good, no hard feelings. Also feel free to leave requests because ideas would be great. Love you guys, and thank you for 2,600 reads! Y'all are insane and I appreciate every read.