Emma Can't Know

"You okay?" Jerome asked, looking at me, seeing I was staring off into space. "Huh? Yea, yea, I'm fine," I gasped, looking at him. "Sorry."
He smiled a little and nodded, "It's fine."
"So... You're the big bad wolf in town now, huh?" I smirked looking at him. He seemed like his old self. The boy I used to spend so much time with. The boy I looked up to. The boy I trusted. It's hard to think he's such a feared murderer.
He nodded a little. "I guess so," he said, looking around.

Jerome's POV

I noticed that there wasn't any signs of anyone else living here. "You seeing someone?" I asked, it sounding desperate, which is not how I meant it. Crystal laughed a little and shook her head. "No."
I nodded a little, "Cool."
She looked at her nail casually while talking. "Are you?"
I was a little surprised but shook my head. "No. I mean... There's one girl, but we're just friends... I think," I said. I was referring to Emma. Are me and Emma a thing? At first I liked her. But now it's almost like she's my sister.
She laughed a little. "I bet she likes you," she said. I shrugged, "I doubt it." She nodded a little and looked down. "What?" I asked, looking at her. "It's nothing..." "No, what is it?"
"It's just that you always run yourself down. You always have. Guys your age talk about how awesome and strong they are. You just insult yourself," she said quietly. I looked down, thinking. "I should go, my associates might be worried," I said, standing up. She stood up too and shook her head again. "Friends, Jerome. Not associates. Friends." She said, looking at me. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "'They might be worried.' They're probably worried," she quoted. "You need to stop being so mean to yourself," she said, wrapping her arms around my neck. I blushed a little, looking at her. Her face was close to mine as she whispered to me quietly. "Or have someone else to make you feel good about yourself."
I blushed still and look at her. She leaned forward and kissed me softly, pushing me against the wall. She wrapped her legs around my waist and kept kissing me. "Crystal..." I said, wanting to stop. "Sh..." she whispered. She pulled off my shirt and pushed me down on the couch and... Well...
You get the idea of what happened next.