One

3 months later...

"Miranda? Come here, you need to see this", Misty called from the living room.

Misty has been my best friend since high school. She witnessed everything that has happened in my life, so I'm really glad that she didn't leave me. Even if she's busy with her career and everything, she always makes sure to come to my condo and hang out with me.

"Okay, coming!" I shouted from there in the kitchen and then walked towards her with a confused look.

"What now, Misty?" I asked. She's watching some crappy news with her arms crossed on her chest. She looked in my direction and pouted towards the TV, so I turned my head towards the TV, and what I just saw made me freeze.

"That fucking asshole!" said Misty, cursing, but I felt like I had been thrown cold water.

There on the news was none other than my ex-husband with Arissa, the model that'd been linked to him 5 months ago around his arm next to him. It's been a month since our divorce was approved, surprisingly the process was fast, maybe because we didn't have a child or he purposely made it faster.

Micheal is one of many successful businessmen in the world. He already has multiple branches of his restaurant around the world and he's also a famous-looking chef... So that's the reason why he's famous.

I shook my head and gathered myself together as I looked at them...He looks so happy, that's how he looked before with me, but I guess everything does change because nothing is permanent in this world.

I look so tough on the outside, but inside I'm a broken person. I'd been crying for a month every night since I left that house and now I don't feel anything anymore. My ear was so numb that all I could feel was anger.

"Let him, Misty, after all, we already have our own separate lives now," I said emotionless. After walking out of the living room with her trailing behind me.

"You know what? You're right. Anyway, David called and he told me to tell you that in 3 weeks you have a scheduled photo shoot." She said as she leaned on the bar counter in my dining area while I went to my grabbed and grabbed two cans of beer.

I gave her a can of beer and she gladly took it.

I leaned on the counter, popped open the beer I was holding, and took a swig. I stared at the wall and suddenly my past came rushing back to me again...

Back in college, I graduated from a business course with Will Blake..my ex before I met Micheal. We were so in love before. He was the only son of a billionaire, Mr. Gregory Blake.

After we graduated, his father decided to pass their company to Will. Everything was fine, I found a good job and even though he was busy with his work, he made sure to be with me every day, I felt so happy, but then, suddenly one day, he needed to go to Paris for another expansion of their business. He told me that he'd text or call me when he landed there, but days, months, and years had passed... I didn't hear anything from him anymore nor see him. I waited for him for 2 years. I was so depressed and broken. I couldn't focus on my work before, so I decided to quit every night I go to clubs and just get wasted, and Misty was always at my side even before.

Then, after 2 months, I met Micheal. He filled my broken heart again with joy, so I instantly fell for him and we got along well after 1 year he proposed to me and we got married in 4 months. Then again, it looks like fate doesn't want me to be happy. Funny how I'm here in this state again, but in a different and more painful one.

And now I'm a model slash office secretary. Modeling is what I have wanted since then, but because of Will's influence, I studied business.

"Miranda? Ever thought of Will? I mean, what if he gets back and finds you" Misty suddenly asked, which pulled me back to my senses.

"Honestly, I don't care. That thought never even crossed my mind." I shrugged and took another swig of my beer.

"Hmmm. Okay, I just suddenly thought about it. Anyway, the night's still young. Wanna go out?" She asked

I look at her and she's already looking at me with a smile. I gave her a weak smile and nodded. That's why I love her. She knew how to make my sadness disappear, even for a few hours.

========================

"Oh my god! You look smoking hot!" Misty squealed in excitement. I giggled and turned to her.

I'm wearing a red fitted dress that compliments my curve, the end of the sleeves is just above my elbow and has a deep neckline with some skin on my chest, then I pair it with red stilettos. I put my hair down and curled it in big waves and put on red lipstick.

"You're so gorgeous in that royal blue dress, Misty!" I said and walked near her. She twirled and then struck a pose that made us giggle.

"Let's go!" She yelled and I just laughed at her and we both headed out of my condo and drove off the building with my baby blue Porsche.

=======================

"What can I get for you beautiful ladies?" The bartender asked as he tried to hit on us. He looks cute but...I'm not here to flirt, I wanna have some fun.

"Two beers please," Misty said, smiling.

"Got it" he simply said, then winked at Misty and she giggled. The bartender walks to the other side of the counter to get our orders.

"He's cute," Misty said as she eyed the bartender.

I rolled my eyes at her and laughed weakly.

"Come on Misty, we're here to have some fun. No boys okay?" I said, looking at her.

"Alright, mama" she teased and we both laughed. I raised my bottle of beer and chanted

"To be single!" I yelled.

"For being happy!" Misty yelled and we cheered our drinks together and we both took a swig of our drinks.

=========================

I don't know how much I had drunk, but I know the alcohol was already kicking in me.

(Play the song Bap U by Party Favor here)

I'm dancing and having fun on the dance floor with three guys starting to surround me. I leave Misty at the counter's stool and she's busy flirting with the bartender and leaving me. She's already drunk but not as drunk as me.

I was jumping and swaying in the blasting music when suddenly someone that I didn't think I would see... Am I hallucinating!? Shit! It can't be. He's sitting on the couch at the center table. He was holding a bottle of beer and his eyes were on mine. I stood there frozen as we stared at each other. I suddenly felt the electrifying stare he was giving traveling down my spine.

His stare was so melting and at the same time so scary, his big green eyes darkened as he kept on staring at me. So when I suddenly got back to my senses, I quickly looked away and hurriedly walked off the dance floor and to Misty.

When I finally got near her, I quickly pulled her into her arms, making her startled a little.

"We need to go" I whispered to her.

She looked at me confused but then she nodded as she looked at my expression.

She turned toward the bartender and bid goodbye and he nodded in understanding.

And when we finally got out of the bar I breathed out in relief.

"What's happening?" She suddenly asked.

I turn to face her while my hand is leaning on my car door supporting me.

"He..he's back" I stuttered as tears began to fall down my face.

"Who!? Is it Micheal?! Did you see him with that bitch!?" She yelled angrily.

I shook my head no and I started to wipe my tears away.

"No...Will is back" I whispered, looking at her in pain and horror.