Seven

"Can I just come with you?" I said in my puppy dog eyes. It always works with him.

"Please don't give me that look, Andy, I'm sorry but I can't. I promise I'll be back soon" he said as he caressed my cheek with his thumb.

I close my eyes and feel his touch. I put my hand on his that was on my face then I stared at his beautiful brown eyes.

"You promise?" I said in a weak tone. I will really miss him so much.

"I promise, I will call you as soon as I land in Paris," he said and kissed my forehead.

We're here in the back of the car. He has a driver so we can talk well. I lean my head on his shoulder while his arm is around me. I feel safe and satisfied in his arms, I love the feeling whenever I'm with him. I can't even imagine my life without him.

"Take care of yourself Andy while I'm gone okay? Eat and sleep well" he said reminding me, he's always like that and it always makes me smile knowing he always cares for me. I just nod my head while my eyes are still closed.

Will is flying to Paris, his father needs him there for their expansion. He told me that it would only take 3 days and he would fly back as soon as it finished.

"We're here" he whispered that made me look up the window. I feel like my heart is about to burst, I suddenly feel the loneliness already.

I tried so hard to hold back my tears but one by one they fell down on my cheeks. I feel like a teenager again! Why am I feeling like this? He will be back soon anyway.

"Hey..hey, Babe. Why are you crying?" he said and cupped my face with his hands then he slowly wiped my tears.

"How can I leave if you're like this?" he murmured. I stare at his eyes, all the emotions he is feeling right now can clearly see through his eyes. Sadness, hurt, and....guilt?

The car is already parked in front of the departure area, good thing it has a thick wall separating the driver and us in the back so the driver would never see us inside or hear us.

"I-Im sorry, I don't..really know why I'm like this. Maybe.. maybe because this is the only time we will be apart" I said in between my sob.

He leans my head on his chest and then hugs me tight. I could feel his rapid heartbeat and his rigged breath. I close my eyes and just savor the moment, his mossy wood scent envelops me. I really love how I perfectly fit into his body. How I wish we could just stay like this forever.

"Babe, always remember that I love you so much," he said in his very gentle voice.

I smiled.

"I love you," I said and looked up at him. He quickly captures my lips passionately.

Ring..Ring..Ring..

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard my phone ring. I quickly went to the center table in my living room where I put it.

It's already 6 pm and I just got home, Misty, Mico and I decided to just eat outside and after that, Mico insisted on driving me here.

I grabbed my phone and saw that it was an unregistered number but I still clicked the green button.

"Hello?"

"Hello, it's me."

As I hear his deep voice, my heart suddenly beats faster. What's wrong with me?

"Ugh..yes sir?" I sit down on my sofa and just stare at the sliding glass in front of me.

"I have an important meeting today, I need you to come with me to LA," he said casually.

I quickly stood up and my jaw dropped. Is he out of his mind?

"Right now sir? But.."

"Yes, now. No buts Andy, my driver is already on his way now to pick you up."

He called me by the nickname he gave me.

"But sir, I don't even know what is that meeting all about," I said as I tried to reason out.

"I will just visit my company branch there and also to check everything. I want you to come with me so you can see how everything works." He said.

Well, he has a point. Without even knowing, I sigh and sit back down.

"Okay sir," I said in defeat.

"Oh right! Before I forget, we will stay there for 3 days so pack enough of your things. Okay? Bye." He said and before I could even protest the call ended.

"What the hell! That jerk!"

==================================

"Good Evening ma'am" A guy standing in front of a black sleek car greeted me.

I could tell that he was the same age as me or maybe 5 years older. He wears a black coat and white shirt underneath then a black slacks, and his black hair is clean cut.

"Hello," I smiled. He quickly took my luggage and opened the car door for me. I mumbled thank you and got inside then he closed the door. He put my luggage in the car's compartment, went to the driver's seat then started the car.

The whole ride is quiet. I just watch outside and use this opportunity to think.

What did I just put myself into?

But I need this job. None of the companies that I submitted my resume responded to me but W.B Companies. All I need to do now is act professionally and set aside my past, especially my feelings.

I will never let anyone ruin me again.

Suddenly the car stopped and that made me come back to my senses. The door opens then I slowly step outside, The guy is behind the door smiling. I forgot to ask his name.

"Ugh. Thank you?..."

"It's Hector ma'am" he smiles politely.

I shook my head. "You don't need to call me ma'am. My name's Miranda" I smile. He just nods and closes the door.

"Sir William is already waiting for you," he said, and that simple words made my heart beat so fast. Here it is again.

Hector takes my luggage and follows behind me, every step I take makes my heart explode. I hate it when I'm feeling this way. So I pound my chest with my knuckles to stop this stupid heart.

But then when I finally saw his broad back I suddenly stopped in my trance. What the hell is wrong with me?

I quickly straightened up and put on my best poker face.

"Sir!" Hector yelled and walked past me.

As he turned towards our direction I suddenly caught a breath as our eyes met, my heart skipped a beat and I don't know why but it felt like it was just the two of us here.

He's wearing a green shirt underneath his black coat and then black pants. And I can't deny that all of the women in this airport are looking at him. He's so gorgeous.

"You're drooling" he smirks. I didn't even notice that he was already near me. I quickly look away then look back at him frowning.

"Whatever," I said and quickly passed him.

And before I could get away from him, I heard him chuckle.

Can you remind me again why am I here!? Ugh!

Ugly jerk!!!