Seven

I stared at Zylen dumbfounded. Those were the Redmond? The world renowned scientists? And they were his parents? Then Zylen's surname is...?

"My surname is mom's maiden's name. One that no one knows," Zylen replied as if he could read my mind.

"I-I don't understand... Why would they... What?" I was so confused I could barely voice my thoughts, rather, I couldn't even think clearly.

Zylen chuckled. "They don't want anyone to know that they have a child, and they hid that fact very well. For starters, they didn't even want to have a child, except for one reason."

"A-and that is...?"

Zylen slowly unbuttoned his shirt and revealed his pale body. It was covered in stitches and scars. Experimentation... The answer came to me from what I saw.

My throat went dry. Now everything made sense. His unusual behaviour. The eye-patch. His silver hair. And those nerves.

I couldn't imagine what kind of things he faced during his life. What kind of agony he felt. Immediately, I felt sorry for him.

Like how I realised what he faces, I realised something else. How Zylen wants to see my insides... How obsessed he was with dissection... I felt my heart drop as a pang of fear and dread bubbled up from within me.

I could actually feel the colour drain from my face. My adrenaline kicked in and I sprinted up in order to run away. But Zylen seemed to have predicted this outcome because I felt a strong grip on my wrist. I had never expected his bony fingers to be that strong.

Zylen pulled me onto his bed and grabbed a piece of cloth from his pocket which he muffled my voice with. A strong scent hit my nostrils and the whole world looked as if it were spinning. My eyesight blurred and soon, all I saw was black.

-

My eyes were still heavy and drowsy when I came to. My body felt stiff and I felt very uncomfortable. As my head cleared up, I found out why.

I was strapped to some sort of bed.

My heart paced as I darted my head around. Sweat beads rolled down my forehead as I looked at the small table near the bed; all sorts of operational instruments were arranged neatly.

The room was fairly dark so I couldn't really make out the other things in it. There was a lamp, bright enough to illuminate only the area in which the bed was at.

My heart thumped furiously against my chest as a figure emerged from the shadows. It was Zylen alright.

"Z-Zylen..." I stammared. He had taken his eyepatch off, revealing those black nerves on his face.

"Ethan~! You're awake!" He chirped, "Aren't you excited as well~?"

I started sweating terribly as he took one step at a time, coming closer and closer. My body felt cold in here...to which I found out why.

My body was bare except for the white shorts I had on.

Zylen's fingers touched my stomach, running them along my skin. I flinched. His face broke out into a grin, his eyes crazier than any time I had seen before.

He looked like a madman at that point. Rather, calling him a mad scientist would suit him better.

And for the first time in my sixteen years of life, I felt scared that I could practically faint.

"Hey, hey. I can't have you faint when we're about to start~!" Zylen pouted.

My breath hitched as he injected some chemical in to me; possibly in order to null pain and keep me from fainting. My terror filled eyes followed his gloved hand which reached out for the scalpel, my face reflected on it's sharp edge.

"Z-Zylen... Why- Why are you doing this...!?" I asked feebly.

I know, pretty stupid question to ask someone who's totally insane. I mean, what's the point. I should really suck up the fact that I'm gonna die.

Okay self from day 1, I have proven you wrong.

"I want to prove myself worthy. I want to become something my parents can't become! I'll show them that I'm more than just a guinea pig. 'Cause guess what?

"I want to know more about humans~! I love them, I love them a lot!"

I looked at Zylen wide eyed, mostly sympathetic though. Damn, that guy isn't just insane. He's crazy insane!

I felt his left hand wrap around mine. "And since you're my friend, you'll help me achieve my dream, won't you~?" He asked with a pleading look, the scalpel slowly being pressed against my stomach.

I watched as the scalpel went down my stomach, forming a long slit. I didn't feel the pain thanks to that injection from earlier but certainly, there was a phantom pain lingering there.

"W-wait...!" I exclaimed in pure horror as Zylen's hands tore open the slit, large enough for him to slip his hands in. Blood flowed out, dripping onto the cold, hard floor.

I coughed out blood as Zylen started pulling out my intestines. I gaped in a loss for words. My eyes stayed glued to his bloodied hands, now pulling away at what is supposed to be inside of me.

The long tube-like lump of flesh continued to get pulled by the white haired friend of mine, who seemed to quite enjoy this, much to my horror and disgust.

I felt the sour taste of bile at the back of my throat as he rambled about how fascinating intestines are...

I couldn't continue staring at my own organs being taken away from my body or the constant dripping of my blood. I got very nauseous. And the excessive blood loss started to make me feel a bit lightheaded... So I shut my eyes really tightly, biting my bottom lip.

Hey there, Miu here! Lol, sorry for the laaaaaaate update - I realised I'm not that good at writing gore *coughs* (though I reeeeeally love to)

I was about to continue the next part in this chapter but turns out, it got way too long. Sooooo, see ya in the next chapter!

Hope you enjoyed!

Bye~!