The only source of light

Eun Hyorri ~

"Hyorri?" I heard a boy say behind me.I quickly wiped my tears away and tried to smile but no matter how hard I try, I couldn't stop crying, the tears were streaming down my face like a tap that was left running.Like a cloud which never stopped raining.

I could hear his footsteps getting louder as he got closer to me.Its Taeyong.Obviously.

"Instead of asking if you're okay, Im just going to sit next to you so you know you're not alone."

He sat on the cold concrete floor right next to me, legs crossed as we both stared at the buildings lit up by the bright lights.We listened to the sound of the cars passing by, we listened to the sirens blaring from a distance, we listened to the people having a walk on the streets, the dogs howling, the birds tweeting, and the occasional sound of our light breathing.

I couldn't handle it anymore.I rested my head on his shoulder, and I cried.

"Just cry until there is nothing left, because hidden sadness can slowly kill you." I heard him say.

"Have you ever felt so lost and afraid?Have you ever felt like there is nothing left for you to look forward to?Have you ever felt-" I stopped, looking for the best word to describe it but the only thing that I could think of was,

"Empty?" I asked.

"I don't know where to go, where im heading, I don't know who to go back to, I don't know what Im feeling and why Im feeling this way."

It took a while before he replied.

But then he got up.

He connected his phone to a speaker he took from his bag.

And he played music.

He pulled me up and stared straight into my eyes, "Yes.I have.I feel the exact same way.But tonight, let's change the days we have been going through on repeat."

"Tonight, our day is going to end differently even if its just once." He said giving me a smile.

And so we danced and danced and we found ourselves laughing and smiling and singing along to the songs he played.He turned me round and round and we let ourselves go, we were having fun.

On top of the rooftop balcony, at midnight.We found ourselves happily spending time together.

Until I tripped.

I could only feel pain on my right ankle.

But instead of crying in pain, I laughed.

"TAEYONGGGG I THINK I SPRAINED MY ANKLE!!!!!" I said still laughing as he ran to me to take a look.

"HYORRI IT LOOKS BAD IM SO SORRY WE SHOULDN'T HAVE DANCED!LETS GO TO THE DOCTOR NOW!" He said pulling me up.

He helped me try to walk down the stairs but it was too hard, the pain was unbearable.REALLY.

"Taeyong I can't do this it hurts too much," I said.

He looked at me, face covered in worry as both of us thought of what to do.

"Okay come," he said squatting down.

"Hurry get on before it gets worse!"

So without any doubts I let him carry me on his back and as soon as I did, he ran down the stairs as quickly as he could.

"TAEYONGG NOT TOO FASTT!!Im going to fall off!"

"Do you really think Im going to let that happen?" He said turning his head to look at me.

"Well, I might," he said and ran faster, he ran in circles and threatened to push me off both of us laughing and I was screaming.
OBVIOUSLY!

"Shhh!" We heard someone shush us from above.A girl popped her head out the window, I guess we were to loud.

"Sorry!" Taeyong whisper- shouted right before the girl slammed her window.I burst out giggling and immediately rested my forehead on his shoulder to stop myself.

Lee Taeyong ~

I felt my heart beat faster as she rested her forehead on my shoulder trying to resist the urge to laugh.How can one be so cute in pain?

We reached the medical room and I waited for her outside, on the seats, and fell asleep.

"Taeyong,"

"Taeyong?"

I felt a light tap on my shoulder and I opened my eyes slowly to see Hyorri holding crutches infront of me.

"Are you fine now-?"

"You didn't have to wait for me you know?" She said.

"Its half past two don't you have training tomorrow?"

"Yeah, but I wanted to wait for you.I want to make sure you're okay.Lets go now," I said leading Hyorri outside.

We walked side by side peacefully with no words both lost in thoughts until we reached a building that acts as a divider between the guy and girls' dorms.

"Lets part here."

"Noo I want to send you straight back to your dorm," I said pouting.

"You helped me too much today!!Now go!" she said turning me around so that I face the opposite way.

"Nooooo~" I said turning back.

"How do I make sure you're in your dorm safely then?" I asked hoping she would let me walk her back to her dorm.

"I'll text you okay?" She said.

Ugh.I really didn't want to give up, but gave up anyway.For her.

"O-kayy," I said and we both turned around, facing away from eachother.

She started to walk, but when she turned back, I was still there standing.

We both looked back at each other for a while, both not wanting to part ways, but then ended up turning away anyway.

Then i forced my feet to move.

And soon I found myself heading back to my dorm.