Crossover: Tenrose/Klaroline

'Set after series 4 episode 13's 'Journey's End'. There is no metacrisis. Tentoo doesn't exist. The Doctor sent Rose back to the parallel universe with Jackie because he wanted her to live a happy normal life. He left before she could say anything because he knew she would convince him to let her stay with him and he knew it was safer for her to stay behind. After erasing Donna's memories of him - the exposure to regeneration and then the Tardis rooting around in her brain to tell her what to do and then of course Davros zapping her did a lot of damage and that was the 'only way' to fix it. - Doctor Who World Setting'

x/x/x/x/x

'Set after series 6 episode 18's 'I Could Never Love Like That'. There's no specific time for when this is set just after caroline has slept with Klaus, her mother's died, she's turned her humanity off and back on again - The Vampire Diaries World Setting'

The Doctor sets the Tardis to random and ends up in Virginia 2013. He wanders for a bit before coming across a bench to wallow on. A blonde local (caroline) sees him and assumes he's a drunk and goes to check on him.

"Are you okay?" she asks gently

"Have you ever had something so precious, that you wanted to keep it for yourself and never let go? But know also that you will be the one to destroy, so despite how it may break you, you let it go so they can be free?"

the girl looks at the seemingly broken man before her.

caroline starts asking questions about who he gave up as well as revealing that she had once lost someone (klaus) she loved cus she didn't take the opportunity when she had it. she tries to convince him to go back for her. he refuses at first, says she better off without him, happier. he then asks when and where he is. caroline answers without hesitation before she questions how he knows that she would be happier without him. then she says that sometimes we dont express our feelings for someone... and gives multiple reasons (basically the doctor is still in denial about his feelings as well as what rose feels for him). the doctor concedes that she has a point caroline asks him to tell her about the girl, still thinking that hes a drunk and just needs to talk about it.

the doctor finally confesses that she wouldn't believe how they got seperated he even if he tried to explain. caroline says try me - thinking of her own hectic crazy life thinking it couldn't be weirder than that. the doctor tells her about aliens and parallel worlds, caroline doesnt react, though that was not what she was expecting. he questions why shes so calm. she confesses with a shrug that she lives in a town full of vampires, witches, werewolves, ghosts, doppelgangers, hybrids, immortals, travellers and hunters. and she herself is a vampire. hybrids? he question. vampire and werewolves she answers.

she again tries to convince him to go back for her, the doctor says that even if he did get her back he would still have to watch her whither away before his eyes thats if she didnt die before that. caroline says your telling me in the whole of the supernatural and alien (?) world theres no way to prevent death? cus i know for a fact that theres vampirism and several spells for it. this renews his hope. she asks him to tell her more about this girl the doctor tells her, her name and how smart she is and that caroline would like her.

caroline smiles and tells him to go get her then. the doctor grins and rushes back to the tardis the doctor steps inside and caroline has just turned to walk away when he asks her what her name is. she smiles Caroline. she asks his name. The doctor. she nods. he says that most people usually question doctor who. she mentions the fact she didn't question him when he asked when and where he was. he nods in understanding and tells her to tell the guy she cares about how she feels. caroline asks why he even thinks there is anyone? the doctor just answers that its obvious from the replies she gave that she clearly been/or is in a similar situation before or is currently. caroline smiles i'll make a deal with you, i will if you do first. and you better bring her to see me. deal they agree.