Twelve x Rose : (Title)

The [twelfth] Doctor is on his own once again. He decides to travel on his own, enjoy the solitude and try to forget the pain caused by those he has lost. But the TARDIS has a different idea.

The Doctor starts seeing her everywhere. A ghost of his past; Rose Tyler. Yet it's not her just Parallel versions. And all the pain he had buried in his past incarnation comes flooding to the surface. Everything he thought he had forgotten about her, haunts him. He would give anything to tell her what he couldn't all those years ago on 'Badwolf Bay'. But he can't. It's not her. It's just a girl who shares her face.

Finally it gets too much. Too many tines of seeing the little pink and yellow human he loves having no recollection of the times they shared together. Seeing her, but her not remembering him - her relationship with the parallel Luke Rattigan didn't help either. He demands the TARDIS tells him why after all the years - centuries even - why she is taunting him with the loss of her.

The TARDIS lands them at unit headquarters. The doctor queries the tardis about the destination, she doesn't respond. He only figures it out when he sees one Rose Tyler chatting (and laughing) with a uniform clad Martha Jones. He sees Rose disappear into the building and follows after her while wondering if this is another cruel joke. Turns out Rose had started working there after the meta-crisis had died.

( 'what about the meta-crisis?'

'you were right doctor. he was just like you. too much like you. he died on a field mission, acting reckless. i guess after nearly a thousand years being practically immortal, one forgets their new found mortality.' )

rose still holds resentment towards the doctor for abandoning her (and partly because she had to watch him die (again)). they argue. the doctor tries to make amends. rose asks (bitterly) if hes just going to leave her behind again? and then proceeds to remind him of the promise he made when she met sarah jane.

A/N Aaaand that's about it. I can't think of anything past that so it's upto you where it goes from there. The only thing I don't want changed about this is the meta-crisis dying from recklessness due to being accustomed to the immortality he no longer possesses. I know the grammar is awful but it just quickly typed up before I loss the train of thought and because there's no point adding detail when that's for you guys to decide and change.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts in the comments. Bye :)