Lost and found

"Did you hear that?!" Nessa whispered.

"Y-Yeah, what was that?" Natania asked.

Then a whisper was heard "help."

The girls were afraid of going back up to the room above them but the need to find out what happened to the little girl was stronger than their fear so they quietly got back up to the room above them. The first thing they saw was something written on the floor in a liquid that they assumed was blood, 'help' was the word written on the floor boards but then they looked up and the words 'help' and 'it's got me' were written on every inch of the wall and then the sound of a child screaming were heard all throughout the house. Without a word Nessa, Beth and Natania started to run towards the sound but neither of the girls felt as if they had control of their actions and soon enough they were at the door of the room all the screaming was coming from.

"Help,help,help!" Is what the girls heard.

The voice no longer sounded innocent, it sounded dark and frightening. It didn't sound normal or like the owner of the voice really needed help anymore. Before the girls could open the door it flung open and the outline of a dark figure could be seen in a corner crying.

"Umm, hello?" Natania spoke first.

The figure then turned around but the girls couldn't see its face so they stepped closer and soon realized this thing wasn't a person it was a creature, its skin was a light shade of grey and its eyes were covered black, it wore a white dress down to its ankle but the dress was stained with blood and blood was dripping from its hands. Its crying turned into evil laughter, its nails reached up to its face and it started to claw at its own eyes. The three girls screamed and tried to run away but they couldn't, something was holding them back and the 'thing' began to crawl towards them, its long, claw like nails scraping against the floor boards as she got closer, her eyes bleeding but the girls still couldn't move.

The 'thing' was inches away from Natania's legs and now they could all see that it looked just like the little girl in the book but her eyes and skin were different and the only thing that was the same was her hair but the girls knew that this had to be the little girl, she wore the same type of dress but it was white now. Finally the girls could move when the 'thing' was at Natania's feet, they ran away faster than they ever thought possible but before they could get anywhere the 'thing' grabbed on to Nessa's foot because she had been behind them and started to pull her back to where she was before but now she was pulling Nessa into a hole, Nessa screamed and tried to hold on to the floor boards but the 'thing' was strong . When her friends finally realized she wasn't with them they began to run back to help her but before they could get back into the room Natania started to gasp for air, she felt like something was choking her but she couldn't see anyone except Beth but Beth was trying to help her and her hands weren't around her neck. Natania's eyes widened and she started to lose consciousness as the hold on her neck got tighter, the last thing she could remember was Beth smiling as she fell. When she woke up Beth was there and Natania didn't remember what she saw before she knocked out so she was happy to see that someone was there with her but Nessa was still not there

"I tried to look for Nessa but I don't know where she is." Beth said as if she had read Natania's mind.

When Natania tried to get up she screamed in pain, she had a terrible headache and nail marks on her neck.

"Maybe you shouldn't get up yet, when you can we'll try to find Nessa, hopefully she's still alive." Beth didn't sound as if she meant the last part though.

Ten minutes later and Natania could walk again but she still had a headache and still couldn't remember what happened right before she knocked out.

"Lets check in here." Beth said as they walked past a room with scratches covering the door.

Natania cautiously opened the door and was instantly hit by the smell of death. Their hearts began to beat extremely fast but they still looked around and found a note but because they didn't want to spend more time than they needed to in the room they waited until they were outside to unfold the note and read it but it wasn't a clue it was the last page from the diary and there was a picture on it, not a drawing but an actual picture of the little girl, her hair was parted in the middle, her eyes were black, her skin looking extremely pale, she was wearing a white dress with blood staines, her smile had faded and she was no longer showing any type of emotion, not sadness, not happiness, just nothing. The little girl was now alone.

The girls flipped the page and the word missing was written in large letters in the middle of the page.

"We know for sure that the thing we saw was the little girl but what happened to her and why did she take Nessa?" Beth said not really expecting an answer from Natania.

"I don't know, maybe she's trapped too and she needs to make a sacrifice to get out too." Natania said not really being serious but after the words left her mouth she put it all together and realized that it had to be the explanation for what was going on.

"B-Beth she's going to sacrifice her!" Natania screamed in realization.

"W-what? Why would she-"

Natania cut her off, "because she wants to leave too, she wants to rest in peace."

The one thing the girls didn't know was if Nessa was alive or dead because they hadn't  heard any screaming since Nessa had been dragged away. They were afraid that they were too late to save their friend but they didn't know where to find her.

Thanks for reading this chapter!!!☺ 💜