Chapter 4

Ow

Everything pretty much hurt, my wing and foreleg the most. It smelled weird wherever I was, smelled like maybe gunpowder, gasoline, and HUMAN. I opened my eyes but I could barely see anything. It looked from my left side that I was in a large metal building that was very empty except a stairwell on the side that led up to a platform, which had a desks and computers lining the walls. I tried to open my jaw but it wouldn't.

I looked down my snout and saw a thick piece of metal was locked around my mouth, not allowing me to open it to access my fire. Growling annoyed I lifted a claw and tried prying it off but it only made my snout hurt.

" that's not going to work " a familiar voice said behind me. I didn't need to twist my head around to know that it was Smokescreen. I made a whining sound and let my head drop into the concrete floor. " your lucky I don't blow your head off right now " he said in a mock tone.

I only whined in response. Smokescreen leaned against the wall confused but with a smug grin on his face. I lifted my head and turned my head so I could look see him, He had a couple minor scorch marks but nothing permanent. I, on the other hand, now had no right eye and probably a completely disabled wing.

I lowered my head so I was facing the ground, as in saying sorry. He mumbled something but I didn't hear, there was too many other sounds outside but there were no windows for me to look out of. I was painfully able to push myself up so I was in a sitting position.

" where I? " I said as best I could, it was harder because of the manacle around my snout but I was able to. Smokes looked surprised at first " a military compound " he said crossing his arms flatly. I turned my head to the side so I could see him fully, he was younger than most bots I've seen on the planet but was taller than bee, to my shoulder at least.

" why I still alive? " I said looking back at the floor. Before I blacked out I knew I was going to die but this is surprising. Smokescreen thought for a moment before answering, " bee said you tried making friends before you saw Prime. " he said, clearly he didn't know the true answer.

I huffed and stood up, wincing at a sudden pain in my foreleg, but I ignored it, and just kept it off the ground and from anything touching it. My wings were curled closely to my back, one in an abnormal position. I shook my head and looked back at Smokescreen.

" please! I want to see it! " a girls voice said outside the building I was in. " Miko no, it's dangerous. " a low nervous sounding voice said. " But Bulk!!! " she yelled.

Quizzicaly I look at Smokescreen, who was clearly mentally facepalming. " Bulkhead it's okay, she can see " smokescreen said glancing at me as I limped off to hide in a corner.

A large green bot walked in along with a human girl who liked like someone who loves rock and roll and all that stuff. " it's HUGE! " she cried pointing at me. I pressed the right side of my head against the wall, humans are so pointy and touchy and nosy.

" can you fly? What wrong with your foot? I like your horns! Can I feel your scales? " she yapped out like a little terrier dog. I however, did not know what to do. I looked at Smokes and Bulk with a ' please help me ' look.

Smokes looked like he was about to pass out from trying not to laugh. Hesitantly I lowered my head onto the ground and she when over to me. She puts he hands on my snout and felt up towards my face. " so warm! " she said and stepped back. I lifted back up my head and huffed warm air into her face. She laughed.

" my name's Miko by the way. " she said and Bulkhead put his hand on the ground for her to climb up onto. She had black and hot pink hair into these puffs and a ponytail. Wearing Jean shorts, black and purple striped leggings, army boots, a short sleeve shirt with a little monster on it with a belt with stuffed monsters clipped to it.

" can I get Raff and Jack? " she asked and Bulkhead nodded after glancing at me, then they left. " squishy " I say wrinkling my snout in an amused way. Smokes smiled " yeah, I wasn't a fan of them at first either. But then they were cool. " he says and I nod. The metal piece around my snout was really annoying and itchy, but I knew they weren't going to be taking it off anytime soon.

Miko and Bulkhead came back with two other humans and a female blue bot. I looked at her, my only eye gleaming with curiosity. She looked at me with a sinister look before standing near Smokescreen. The two new humans were male, one was tall with black hair, grey shirt and jeans, clearly older than Miko and the other younger boy, who had tall brown hair, glasses and an orange shirt and jeans.

" Jack, isn't it cool?! " Miko says running back over to me and I set my head back on the ground for them. " I'm not an IT " I say, slightly muffled by the metal around my snout. " you can talk? " says the younger human. I nod my head slightly.

" so your not with the decepticons? " asks Jack. I huff annoyed and I shake my head. " I don't ask for slavery, like the other predacon. " I say and the blue bot looks surprised. " what are you called? " I ask the younger human. " I'm Raff " he says pushing up his glasses. I tilt my head and look at the blue bot. " and you? " I ask and she hesitates before answering " call me Arcee " she says and looks at Jack.

I feel something touch my neck and I look down at Miko.  She grins, I poke her in the stomach and she makes a squealing noise. " so what happened to you anyway? " asks Raff and look at him, I look back at Smoke and he shakes his head.

" I tried to talk the other predacon out if it, saying I was freeing him from slavery, he lashed out at me after I called him a lap dog. I attacked back " I say looking at Raff. " serves him right " says Miko grinning evily. " he doesn't know our past, or what it is not to be a new clone. " I say and Arcee crosses her arms. " so you aren't one of shockwaves newest clones? " she asks. I shake my head.

" I was one of the dispatched clones to this planet to hunt down who were stashing energon, I abandoned the mission and was the only to survive the others. " I say and pretend to be interested in the ground. 

The humans, Bulkhead and Smokescreen left. Leaving me with Arcee. I guess they are taking turns watching me or standing guard like I was a prisoner. " can this come off? " I say trying to scratch my snout but the metal clamp was too tight.

" are you going to burn this joint down? " Arcee asks giving me a skeptical look. I shake my head " I do not wish for more enemy's. " I say and she mumbles something, most likely talking on a comm. Someone talks back and she nods, walking over to me. I lower my head and she pulls out some sort of key, and unlocks the clamp.

Arcee pulls it off and I open my mouth and close it a few times. " thanks you Arcee " I say and she nods. I find a small window and I peer outside, there are men in camo uniforms running around. Sleek jets parked here and there outside buildings and camo jeeps driving around.

" what really happened? " Arcee says and I twist my head around to look at her, I sit on the ground and I face her. " I had gone to get the other predacon to freedom and he attacked me, injuring my wing on my leg, but not bad enough I couldn't fly, I flew until I came across the burned town and this compound. The yellow bot called bee, was it? "

" yes, bumblebee "

" I had come across him while he was on patrol and I tried to negotiate that I was not threatening but called the prime for backup and I fled. Crashing into a canyon a couple miles away, I wandered until I found a place for me to hide out. That's when Bumblebee and Smokescreen found me and started shooting me and I only fought back in defense, not really trying to hurt anyone, just wanting to escape. I was able to escape the dead end of the canyon and that's when the prime came and I thought I was done for sure. " I say watching Arcee's expression change. " that is how this happened " I say pointing to my eye, or where is would have been.

" I just have one last question " Arcee said and I looked at her. " do you have a name? " she asked and I hesitantly nodded. " it's Shadowstorm "