Chapter 4

Really? Alright, on with the story now!

*Catfrost's person PoV*

Stone looked scared. I assume he doesn't know what he has to do to stop this. I know what to do. But I'm not the one who holds that power. Stone holds the power in this situation. I can do something, but I'd rather be there to see the big moment.

*Stone's PoV*

Rose... W-why are you laughing? Why can't you just come back to us?

*Rose's PoV*

Wait... What am I doing? Why is it so dark? Oh... Now I remember. I bet they're scared. I should really start fighting back now. Huh. Funny how that works.

I slash at the darkness with my Vaenia, And a little cut appeared. I kept slashing. It took a while.

*Stone's PoV*

She's... She's stopped laughing. What does that mean? Is she completely consumed? Is she coming back to us?

*Catfrost's PoV*

You did the right thing, Stone.

*Rose's PoV*

"Whew! Did that whole episode tire anyone else out?" I exclaimed. Stone did not look amused.

"Rose! Please, don't joke around like that! We could have lost you!" He looked worried. Really worried.

"Look, Stone, I'm sorry, but I think we all need a bit of a joke right now. That was all too real." He still didn't look too good. We took a bit of a rest before heading back up the tower.

*Time Skip Brought To You By A Lazy Author*

It wasn't long until we reached the top. When we did, it was a little bit... terrifying. A cage. A cell. Whatever it was, it didn't look comfortable. We were in a large, empty room, save for the cell or cage on the back wall. The cell itself was cramped, big enough only for the fairy inside. A deathly pale fairy with a scar from forehead to jaw. Her mask lay strewn about the cell in pieces, feathers everywhere, the pearl-colored mask split in two. Catfrost cried out in distress.

"Swan!" She rushed to the cage and tried to reach into the cage to touch her hand, but a force repelled her. "Ahh! Swan, are you okay? Father and I have been worried sick!"

"I'm fine, Cat." Catfrost sighed.

"Can you elaborate?"

"No." Swan looked up at me. "Are these the ones for the task?" Catfrost nodded.

"Yes, sister! I have brought them, just like you asked!" Swan nodded. 

"Good." She glanced between Stone and I. "Stay here until---" A loud crash interrupted her.

"Until what, sister?" Another loud crash. The noise is closer this time.

"Until that." A woman, not tall, but not short, pale like death, with eyes of coal, wearing an expression of pure, unadulterated rage strides up to meet the already exhausted heroes. She starts to speak but is swiftly cut off by a battle cry and a sharp movement. Catfrost is engaged with her in a heartbeat, a fierce look of determination and hate displayed on her face. The woman brings up her slender, black sword with a nimble, fluid shift. Catfrost catches it with a shining spear and moves it to the side.

"You!" a furious Catfrost yelled, "You took her from me!" She was inches from the woman's face now, and the woman had yet to be phased by a barrage of Catfrost's attacks, deflecting each one with ease. The woman has yet to say a word. "Why won't you talk to me?!" Enraged, she attacks once more. Gasping for breath, Catfrost takes a step back, panting. "Hemlock... why did you join him?" She said with a gasp for air. "You were like a sister to me!" The woman just smiles and lowers her sword. 

"Frosty. You already know why." Hemlocks lip curl up into a devious smirk. "Your family is weak and soft-hearted, and they intend to stay that way. But his family has agreed to conquer this world using force. And he intends to do that with me by his side." She chides. She is now leaning on her sword, which had its tip rested on the ground as if it was a cane. "Dearest, I am sure that he could find a place for you in our ranks if you abandon these weak children now. We are always in need of a strong medic such as you." Hemlock turns to leave, but Catfrost yells out again. 

"You are speaking of war, Hemlock! The elders spent centuries reversing the effects of the last war! This is selfish! I was foolish to think that teaching you my family's way would change anything! You are still the self-seeking girl that stumbled upon my father's doorstep years ago!" She yelled, completely unaware of the consequences. Hemlock stopped dead in her tracks and looked over her shoulder. 

"That's no way to speak to your elders, cretin."

Alright, that was nice to finally write again. I'll admit, I forgot all about this story. For like, a year. Then I felt like writing something tonight and couldn't think of a new topic and nothing was catching my eye, so I decided to try and continue this. I also had to read through all the other chapters just to get a feel for the storyline. I have plans. Plans that have been sitting and gathering dust for a while.