Chapter 2

*Rose's PoV*

"Ok, now we have to go to the Lava Plains, To find a couple more fairies!" Catfrost said, Very excitedly I may add. But wow, The Lava Plains! One of the most beautiful, Albeit hot, Places in Kwanice. I've always wanted to visit there... I was snapped out of my thoughts by Stone speaking to me.

"Rose. We need to be careful when we get to the Lava Plains. It can be a dangerous place... Seeing as, You know, lava... everywhere..." I rolled my eyes.

"Stone, No need to be so protective, Sometimes I can take care of myself!" I said, laughing at him.

"I know, but..."He trails off again. He's been acting strangely ever since Catfrost showed up. I flipped my shoulder length, dark-brown hair back over my shoulders. We were walking through a large field, surprisingly so, seeing as we weren't too far from the Lava Plains. I can see where they got the plains though. The field was rather peaceful, And it seemed to go on forever. Long, swaying grass, With multi-colored wildflowers sprouting out from odd places. The sky was a bright, clear blue, with only wisps of white clouds passing by. I looked at Stone, then at Catfrost, And I smiled. This moment was perfect. Just the three of us, walking through a peaceful field, nothing in our way. Just then, we heard a loud roar. ROOOAAAAARRRRRR! It was an earsplitting, deep, ground-rattling roar. A fire dragon, that, in my opinion, just looks like a fire lizard. No wings, it wasn't even majestically tall, even though it was very large. It was like a giant lizard, except with black scales, with cracks in between each one, an orange, lava-like substance oozing underneath them.

"A fire dragon!" Catfrost cried, "Let me take care of this!" Her long, flowing, jet black hair, that always looks like it was slick and wet, lifted up in the friction of her magic power, pouring out of every pore, and the world balancing itself to brace for a powerful attack. Soon enough, A giant figure of a mermaid holding an intricate vase.

"Aquarius! Help me defeat my blazing enemy with the cooling peace of your waters. Now, Aquarius!" Then, as she spoke the root words of her spell, the figure raised its jar, and as it swung, water jetted out of the mouth of the jar. The water splashed the fire dragon, putting out its internal fire. The fire dragon started to die, and I decided to put it out of its misery. I dug my Vaenia into its exposed heart, killing it instantly.

"Oh! I forgot to tell you guys. The fairy we're looking for... She's kind of a prisoner... And kind of not a fire fairy..." She trails off. "Her name is Swan Agaricglow." I couldn't believe my ears.

"Wait, Agaricglow? Aren't they usually named after a butterfly species? Because of their power over air, right?" I asked, bewildered.

"They are, but Swan is different. Her mother married a water fairy. My father. We're sisters. But out mother never meant to have me. We looked exactly the same as kids. So our mother took her Vaenia and cut through Swan's left eye. A week passed and I didn't see her. When I finally saw her after around 10 days, She changed. Being injured by our own mother's Vaenia changed her appearance a little, but mostly her personality. She was very quiet and would do whatever you told her to do. If you told her to walk into the Black Gate, she would. She still had our black hair and brown eyes, but her skin was ghostly pale. It was almost white. And the scar. The scar starts in the middle of her forehead, and ends at her jawline." She said sadly while tracing the line she was describing. "She wears this absolutely beautiful mask to hide the scar. The mask is covered swan feathers, white ones, and ones that are slightly blue." She looks sad. I try to comfort her by hugging her.

"It'll be okay Catfrost," I tell her. "We'll find her. We won't give until we do." She looks up at me and smiles.

"Thank you, Rose. I know I couldn't do this without you." I smile at her. Stone looks sort of jealous. "Now, we should get going. This place is guarded by ice fairies because they knew I would try to save her. But Swan can't get out because something about her chains defuse wind magic."

"That won't be a problem." Catfrost looks at me confused. " We don't use wind magic. We use flying magic. Something of a close cousin to weather magic." She looks relieved.

"Now, this part has been dragging on too long. We should go now." Stone says, slightly breaking the fourth wall. But he was right.

"Alright. Let us hunt some evil."

The next chapter will be up soon, my readers!