12. Personality Shifts

I sipped the hot tea in my hand. In front of me is the cityscape glittering with light shining through from buildings and houses. The bright moon gently illuminate my surroundings.

Where am I, you ask? Why I'm on top of the tallest tower in the palace of course.

I know I said I went to sleep with Lana in her room, but I can't sleep remember? So I decided to explore the palace on my own. Before I know it I got thirsty and asked Norn to brew me a tea. Now I'm just enjoying the view while sitting on a soft chair I teleported to the top of the tower.

This place is pretty big. It's the flat roof of a tower. There's no crenelation you expect from a castle. Instead, there is only ornate guardrail coated in gold. Open circular space with a sharp triangular wall on one side. The base of the wall is wide and then exponentially grow sharper as it gets taller. The wall itself is segmented into three part. Like a pitchfork! or a trident, if you want to make it sound cooler.

This place kinda looks like a final boss arena in an RPG. The hero's party has to fight their way through the palace and up the tower, only to find the final boss quietly sipping tea on the roof. That's kinda cool, don't you think?

I wasn't expecting to see such a brilliantly glittering city view. I expected a dark gloomy misty view with specks of lights from lanterns and torches held by the patrolling guard. What I get instead is a fantastical view of the bright bustling city. Maybe I should stop thinking this world is still stuck in the dark ages.

I sipped the last drop of tea in my cup.

"Another refill, my Queen?" Norn suddenly appeared like he always does while holding a kettle.

"Whoa," I jumped in surprise but quickly regained my composure, "no it's alright."

I glanced back at the view, "you know what's going on down there? It's pretty lively."

"Inns, bars, whorehouses, black markets. Who knows? These crawling humans are an eyesore." Norn spits out hateful words with scorn.

"You hate human?"

He gave a firm nod, "with every fiber of my being. We would gladly get rid of them at your command, my Queen."

"Yeah, I don't think so. Stay docile for now, alright?" I waved my hands and fully ignored how dangerous the things he just said was. Ignorance is bliss, and I choose to ignore that I'm in control of an immortal army of spirits.

"Maybe I should go down there." I quickly changed the topic.

"Do you want me to accompany you?"

"Nah, it's fine."

"Then at least let me explain to you how to use the palace as transportation."

The palace as transportation? This sounds convenient. "Alright. Explain."

Norn's explanation was needlessly long and complicated. I'll break it down and make it easier to understand.

1. I can teleport anything to wherever I want in the palace.
This one I know already.

2. I can teleport anything from the palace to wherever in the world as long as I've been there before.
So I can use the palace as some sort of transit station between places I've visited. I can also summon objects from the palace instantly.

3. I can teleport anything back to the palace from wherever in the world, but it takes time in proportion to how complex the object is.
That last clause is confusing, but basically I can teleport non-living objects in matter of seconds but living things can take up to 10 minutes depending on the size and quantity. This means I can't just spam teleportation during combat.