24. Accidental Divine Act

The morning sun illuminated the street and warmed my sickly pale skin. Clear blue sky spotted with fluffy cotton cloud serve as a backdrop behind the view of the city. The city itself is built on an inclined plane so I can see far into the walls at the edges.

On each of my sides, buildings are opening their doors and people are slowly trickling out into the street. Adults and children. Men and women. All of them crowded the street and flowed through the wide cobbled streets of the Capital.

One of the shop near me that just opened is a clothing store. It's a simple building with a calming cream paint. The structure of the shop is made mostly with wooden beam and then coated in concrete. In front of the shop is a wooden door with windows on each sides and a sign indicating that it's a clothing shop above it.

I looked down on what I'm wearing. An all white trench coat and thick pants. Covering most of my body is a thick hooded cloak to hide myself. No matter how you see it, this is a battle-ready equipment. Not something you'd wear on a casual stroll.

With that in mind, I decided to take look inside the clothing store to find a more appropriate outfit.

Clink! A bell hung over the door rang as I opened it.

"Oh~ Welcome, little girly! How can I help you?" A friendly looking old man stood behind the counter. Behind him is a doorless wooden rack filled to the brim with clothes and rolled up fabrics. To the side of the store are displays with folded clothing neatly placed in them.

"Morning, mister!" I greeted him. "Do you have clothes my size?"

"Of course! But as I see it, you're wearing something expensive already? This isn't a shop for nobles, girly. We only sell shabby clothing here; clearly unfit for you. Hahaha." The old man said while laughing.

"It's fine," I approached him and brought my face close, "I'm going incognito, see?" I spout out a lie.

"Hohoho, I see. Tired of the rich's lifestyle, eh?" He walked to one of the display, "This here should be about your size. It's one of the more expensive goods we have, but it still looks like poverty."

It's as he said. The top is a simple white blouse with brown ribbon tying down the collar and chest. The bottom is a simple brown pants, nothing special.

"I'll take it!" I said while I reached for my pocket. In reality, I'm summoning one of the gold coin from my treasure room. "Oh, and also," I pointed toward my mask-crown, "do you have a soft cloth for blindfold?"

The man looked closely at me curiously, "Are you blind? Can you see?"

"I can see fine. It's magic!" I recalled a legend Lana told me about a blind sage that used sorcery to see.

"Ah, like the legends?" The man curiosity intensified. He walked to the fabric rack behind the counter and grabbed a brown cloth, "You're a powerful sorcerer, then?"

"You can say that."

The old man face shifted to a more serious one, "Can you use healing magic?"

"Sure."

"Truly?!" He lurched forward with sparkles in his eyes, almost jumping the counter. "Th-then if you don't mind, can you take a look at my wife? She's been ill for months, and I have no money to hire a priest. Please, we don't have anything to give you and you have no obligation to help us but we--"

"Eh, why not? She here?" I cut him short. It's just healing magic, dude. Calm down.

"Thank you, thank you! Please, this way!" The old man quickly led me deeper inside the building. We climbed a flight of stairs and entered a bedroom. Lying on the bed is an old woman, staring blankly outside the windows. She turned her gaze toward us when we entered.