two

(veronica entering pop's for the first time)

zara shahid

'talking in my sleep at night, making myself crazy'

"Who's that?" I asked Archie as a stunning girl walked into Pop's dinner, taking the hood of her cape like she was a princess. I looked at my brother who's jaw dropped at the sight of her and I took a look at my childhood friend, who just looked sad. 

"How do I know?" He snapped back and she walked towards us. 

"Hi. How are the onion rings here?" She asked us, moving slowly towards us.

"So good." Archie and I say at the same time.

"Can we get some onion rings too please?" She calls out to Pop. "Thanks, my mom and I just moved here."

"From where?" Archie asked her. I could tell Betty was getting annoyed of us drooling over her

"New York."

"Wow." We said at the same time, again. 

"You guys go to Riverdale High?"  The raven haired girl asked. 

"Yeah, we're sophomores." Archie said at the same time as Betty said "We do, all of us, together."

"Me too." An awkward silence starts to fill the air but she makes it disappear, "I'm filled with dread."

"How come?" I asked, cutting my brother off, who clearly wanted to ask her more questions. 

"Are you familiar with the works of Truman Capote? I'm Breakfast at Tiffany's, but this place is strictly In Cold Blood."

"Of course I am. Breakfast at Tiffany's was a better book than movie." I bit down on my lip and she looks at me with a smirk. 

"Veronica Lodge." 

"Zara Shahid-Andrews." I smiled at her. "This is my brother Archie and our best friend Betty."

"Wait, are you?" Veronica asked Betty.

"Supposed to give you your tour tomorrow? Yes. I'm your peer mentor." Betty said nodding her head way too much. 

"Do you wanna join us? We might be able to unfill you with dread." I asked her and she smiled at me.

"My mom's waiting for me but to be continued." I waved her goodbye and she walked away.